Author Topic: Have a problem with a players life disappear as soon as he get into the game  (Read 2872 times)

Gale

• Visitor
    • View Profile
One the game is loaded after a second or two all his life is gone and he dies sending him to the Game Over Screen. The player does start off with full life but it increments it very fast until its gone.

Life is set as an inventory item.
In the Collisions the only  character I have him as losing life from is one Enemy. I am using the remove inventory after use if player owns 1 life, he has 10 total, after contact with the enemy. There player does not load into the level near any enemys.
The game over screen is a Special Function switch map with really nothing else checked. It is call in collisions if player "lacks" 1 health when coming in contact with an enemy.

Any idea or any more information I need to explain?

Thanks for any help

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
The special function to subtract inventory must have "Global" checked, which means the player is constantly touching it.  Uncheck this, then update the function.
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
If it's not global, consider where the player sprite is in comparison with where the special function is.  Special functions can also be activated by the player touching them, remember.  If you added the special function in the maps dialog instead of in the map editor then the special function is just above and to the left of the top left corner of the map.  Did your player load into a position near there?