Author Topic: Tony the Speeder  (Read 335043 times)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: Tony the Speeder
« Reply #45 on: 2008-08-07, 05:54:10 PM »
SGDK 1.4 already does that.  It's referring to a different splash screen that would also show up if SGDK 1.4 didn't suppress it.
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: 2008-08-08, 05:31:34 AM »
On further investigation, it looks like there is a hidden command line switch to hide the SGDK 1.4 splash screen as well, which I vaguely remember adding.  So if you create an install package, you could provide this command line switch in the shortcut that runs the game to hide the splash screen.  I would have to give you a special code to use with this command line switch.  I think I can do that if I can get at your project somewhere to test it.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: 2008-08-08, 05:59:37 PM »
I'll send you a copy of the whole game when it is completely finished. (You will get the first copy and for free too!)   :educated:

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: 2008-08-12, 09:02:35 AM »
My game is almost done. I would like to put a code where the game project can not be edited and all it can do is just be played. How can I do that? Thank you.  :blindfold:

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: 2008-08-13, 05:17:16 AM »
There's no designed way to do that.  The closest thing is to distribute your project with GDPlay.exe instead of GameDev.exe.  I believe that's the default for the packaging wizard.  The only other thing I can think of is to change GDPlay and your GDP file so GameDev.exe gets an error trying to read the GDP file, but the modified GDPlay knows how to read it.

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: 2008-08-14, 09:00:30 AM »
i think that you can also keep the .gdp file hidden and read-only (RightClick -> Properties, check hide box and read-only box) and the only way to run it is from a shortcut premade in the start menu

and i think somewhere on the internet there is a program that somehow permanantly locks a file so it cannnot be edited or copied
Looking to the skies.....

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: 2008-08-14, 11:40:42 AM »
Thanks guys I will put the GDPlay.exe. And the properties hidden manuever won't work. However I will look for the permantly lock file program. As a gamedeveloper, the hardest thing about selling games is making sure no one can copy it to another computer without buying it.

super adventure

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: 2008-08-14, 04:40:59 PM »
 ;D im making a serise named super adventure i sure that there will be a 1 2 3.its rally probaly simalar to this game ;D

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: 2008-08-15, 08:09:15 PM »
Really? Wow, then I guess it will be a good game.  ;D  ;)
How long have you been using SGDK?

Tip~If you put a lot of stuff inside your project, and the gdp file reaches over 35 kb, the project will run slower.

It took me a while to close windows after awhile. I have to wait around 5 sec.
It could also be my cpu preformance.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: 2008-09-13, 03:01:59 PM »
I plan to get my game out soon.

Plus thanks to this topic: http://gamedev.enigmadream.com/index.php?action=post;topic=1123.0;num_replies=87#top

I probally will give most of the game (levels, help files, and stuff) for free.

I will then sell the FULL game (levels, clips, better sounds, videos, better playability, and more) for $5.00. I plan the game to be sold as an e-item, meaning it can be only bought online.

Perhaps in the future I will make the game with a CD case and CD booklet.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
A Possible Revoluci
« Reply #55 on: 2008-09-14, 04:40:19 PM »
For anyone who did not want people to edit the project when sold should use this http://toplang.com/filelock. Although the program is File Lock, locking your file is not the key. Make a shortcut of the game, then when you have a permanent location for your copy, disguise your game files folder as any of the choices. It won't work for Windows Vista though.

*Warning: When doing this, have an extra copy of your game. It is possible to lose your files. First hand experience  :educated:*

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: 2008-09-14, 07:26:01 PM »
My game is ready to download, just go to this to get it:http://www.box.net/shared/0nlqxo1kic
I will cost $5 to register this game, once I get stuff straightened out.
Tell people, friends, and family of this game (if you want).

I am not too sure if the method I used on an ealier post will work, but it may work on CD.

BONUS~Anyone who has posted at least once, before this post will be able to recieve free registration to this game. (Information will be messaged).
Not available for after replys for this post.

Thanks for making this game a future success.  :) ;) ;D :crazy: :yes: :educated: :gum: :laugh: :nerd: :surprise: :tired: ::) 8)

v6v

• Clever
  • Fanatic
  • Has renamed his project to Galaxy!
    • View Profile
    • My Developer Page!
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: 2008-09-15, 03:39:54 AM »
So...Tony...since I posted after :(
Can I get a first level demo?
(Thats what I'm gonna do with my sonic game)

(Oh, and I think that there's always gonna be a way to edit and redistribute a shareware game
Don't sweat it, there's master hackers out there.
They might edit it and change it, so don't be surprised when you look on youtube.
This has happened to me before- I put my game on a paysite- BAM! download.com was selling it as freeware, and when I looked on youtube, they changed it from mario to sonic 'HOW??') >:(

So, about me getting a date with that demo....?

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: 2008-09-18, 08:53:44 PM »
I forgot to mention, I realized that it is impossible to stop hackers from sharing $$$ making products for free. So instead, I made them part of a solution. People can download the game for free, that way if you like it or not you don't have to bother buying it. If you like to register it costs $5.00.

Registering is simpily sending me your adress for future updates. You are notified for important updates, and you can get a personalized game (pending). Registering costs $5.00. Personalized games are for registered players only, and it costs too.

In other words you are free to use my game as a  base, if you plan to use my levels as a base, try not to use the same design (ex. graphics and where they are placed. You can download the game @ www.revoluciongames.webs.com.

I can also bend the rules a bit, free registers to whomever replys to this topic within this month of September 2008.

PS Sorry about your game, I invented the registration so when people do put up my game as freeware, then only people who register can get benifits. I will look at you game some time. (Plus I understand the whole Sonic thing, I too am a Sonic fan  ;) )

v6v

• Clever
  • Fanatic
  • Has renamed his project to Galaxy!
    • View Profile
    • My Developer Page!
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: 2008-09-21, 03:27:01 PM »
Hah... funny thing, me and a bunch of my Friends made a 9k site called revolution comics...
I put a .GDP game demo there a while back- when I used SGDK 1.4.6
I was called Revolution Comics racing.
(This probably doesn't belong here- forgive me)
But, about my sonic game- Don't steal this idea, please...
My friend is a huge sonic fan, so we came up with this...(2.5D game featuring Sonic Rush-like elements with more secret items and powers)
Sonic (blue hedgehog) races to Dr. Eggman (old fat guy) and realzes hs new invention- The Omni Unit Omega is collecting souls from the
living and using them to fuel his ultimate creation- Razeforth - A pseudohuman that posseses the powers ofevery horror creature ever known
and is constructed from the limbs of dead serial killers.(dark) The Creature realizes it's powers as Eggman is bragging them to Sonic and awakens and rips a tear in the dimensional fabric- guess who's affected! That's right, Mario!(Fat plumber) and also two new characters. So Sonic Mario and my new secret characters fight the SADE force (Eggman Bowswer and Dr Ijjer 'new villan that lubricates his body his victims' with blood') and themselves (Yup! that cagefight between Sonic and Mario is happening outside of "SS Brawl"!) to stop this force from turning everyone into souless beings bent in destruction. And...Sonic has a new power enchancing the gameplay!!!! To find out you'll have to play the game that mixes green hill with donut plains (MARIO AND SONIC LEVELS WITH AN EXCLUSIVVE SECRET DIMENSION) It's a SGDK2 game, but the demo is pretty much done. (I'll include screenshots and a link on a sgdk2 topic later)

Now you know why I was asking these questions about a sonic game like motionblur and timebreak! Play it and you'll see!
 ;)