Author Topic: forced scrolling modification  (Read 20120 times)

Anonymous

forced scrolling modification
« Reply #45 on: 2005-08-30, 11:27:09 PM »
And........ All that it does is push the sprite all the way to the right of the screen while doing a force screen scroll, not to mention I lose all control of the  sprite. i.e. Player Sprite

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: 2005-08-30, 11:34:57 PM »
Also, so I can clarify I'd like the scrolling to begin at the bottom of the map. The map is around 400000 units big and the game starts at the bottom of the map. Therefore the player sprite would be scrolling all the way from the bottom of the map to the top of the map. And again, I have no control whatsoever over the character

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: 2005-08-31, 06:15:36 AM »
Well, I can prove that it works: perhaps this sample will also help you see in detail how to make your project work:
http://gamedevprj.sourceforge.net/files/AutoScroller.zip

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: 2005-08-31, 09:24:44 AM »
Not saying that it doesnt scroll, what I am saying it forces the player sprite to move all the way in the X direction and you have absoluetely no control, but while doing that it is auto scrolling, just in a broken way. If you dont believe me try making a top down and see what happens

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: 2005-08-31, 09:36:27 AM »
I have no idea why, but the player sprite isnt even named Scroll , or anything related to it , and for whatever reason the screen scrolls down instead of up, makes no sense to me, but I do lose control as well as having the screen scroll in the opposite direction

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: 2005-08-31, 09:45:11 AM »
Ok, I got it to scroll in the right direction now, the only problem I am having, again, is the control issue, its like , on a certain side of the path there is this invisible barrier that is acting like collision of some sort. Its very strange.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: 2005-08-31, 04:06:13 PM »
Did you compare the provided project to your own?  Does the provided project behave kind of like you want yours to behave?

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: 2005-08-31, 04:32:01 PM »
Yes it behaves almost exactly, except for the fact that again my player sprite goes awol and , its almost like a tunnel vision in a sense that the sprite cannot pass a certain barrier

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: 2005-08-31, 06:00:34 PM »
By the way, i am using the Res of 1024 x 768 , could that have an effect on it?

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: 2005-09-01, 05:38:00 AM »
Try reducing the scroll margins on the player settings dialog to zero.  They determine how close the player can get to the edge of the display window.  I hope the resolution isn't the source of the problem -- I don't think it should be.

Anonymous

« Reply #55 on: 2005-09-01, 09:15:53 AM »
Since I suck with scripting in SGDK , can you point me to the correct line of code as well as what values to chngee?

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #56 on: 2005-09-01, 10:50:56 AM »
The scroll margins aren't in the script, they're in the player settings dialog in SGDK itself (the little key icon on the menu).  Just under the "Start on map" there's two Scroll Margins boxes.  Change the values to zero.
Edward Dassmesser

Anonymous

« Reply #57 on: 2005-09-01, 11:05:34 AM »
Thanks alot guys, you rock