Author Topic: Source Code Migrated to Git  (Read 2737 times)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Source Code Migrated to Git
« on: 2017-10-01, 08:31:34 AM »
The source code repository for Scrolling Game Development Kit 2 has been a Subversion (SVN) repository up until yesterday, at which point I decided to migrate it to Git with the help of GitHub's import utility. All the source code history is now available in a Git repository which is hosted at both GitHub and SourceForge. This will make it easier for anyone wishing to participate in future coding of SGDK2 to fork the repository and submit their changes via pull requests. My intent is to keep the two repositories in sync (although I don't have much experience with Git yet, so it remains to be seen whether this synchronization is as easy as it looks). SourceForge is SGDK2's home, but GitHub is designed specifically for Git. I suspect future development will begin at GitHub, and we'll use GitHub's methods for issue tracking if we track issues. But SourceForge will still be where releases are posted, and should be kept up-to-date.

The Subversion repository continues to exist at SourceForge, but will not be maintained for any future updates. It may be deleted at some point to avoid confusion.

Come join the fun by making your own fork of SGDK2 at GitHub, and make your own improvements, and if they're worth sharing, request they be considered for inclusion in the original!
« Last Edit: 2017-10-01, 08:37:43 AM by bluemonkmn »