Author Topic: Mini Map  (Read 2902 times)

hebedaymun

Mini Map
« on: 2006-02-28, 06:49:31 PM »
Hey!  I was wondering if there would be a way to make a mini map for my new game?  I can't script, so I was hoping all of you guys could maybe...do it for me?  I want to know if it's possible to have the mini map up at the top-right hand corner and it displays just an outline of the graphics...  This would be really cool!  And maybe a small dot showing a player- a green dot, and maybe red dots showing where enemy sprites are?  I need help... please, if anybody has time.

*Sits down and waits*

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: Mini Map
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-28, 07:43:08 PM »
The scripting wizard has a Radar system that you can fully customize without needing to know script at all.  It doesn't do the outline of the image, but it will do the dots showing where sprites are.  Creating an outline of the map isn't as easy, especially if you only want it to show parts near you.  It would require scripting for the second part.  The first part could be done by simply creating a tile that is the entire map scaled down and put it on its own layer above all the others with no scrolling.  Have it in the same place as the radar.  Making the scaled-down version of the map won't be easy, and mistakes could easily be made.  If done with scripting, it's possible, but as I said, still somewhat more difficult than the radar alone.  Take a look and see if that's enough for your purposes.  If not, perhaps something can be worked out.
Edward Dassmesser

hebedaymun

« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-28, 07:44:51 PM »
Okay, I'll go check it out.

*runs out of the topic*

hebedaymun

« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-01, 09:13:20 AM »
Hey, the radar works just fine.  I think I'll just use that.

Thanks, Durnurd.