Author Topic: Known Issues  (Read 12769 times)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Known Issues
« on: 2005-03-12, 09:01:01 AM »
There is only one known problem in GameDev 1.4.6 (a problem which has been around forever):
  • The mouse pointer on the full screen tileset editor does not draw nicely -- it is almost invisible while the mouse pointer is moving.  This is due to strange code that had to be written to make the mouse pointer behave correctly on some video cards/drivers which would cause the mouse pointer to corrupt the display.  This will not be fixed in version 1.x, but will no longer be an issue in SGDK 2.0's windowed graphics editor.

The problems listed below from version 1.4.5 have been fixed:
  • Special Function of type Activate Series does not trigger sound
  • Minimizing the layer quick view and then exiting gamedev causes an error that prevents the view from ever coming up again, unless you delete the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\GameDev\Windows
  • Map editor can have an error if a path is being drawn very far off the visible area of the screen.
  • An error will occur if two sprites are more than 32767 pixels apart and a collision definition tries to test to see if they are colliding.
  • There is no way to SavePicture (save a screenshot, for example) from VBScript, will add one if a version 1.4.6 is ever released.
  • Solidity definitions crash gamedev when more than 256 tiles exist.  The failure should be nicer with a helpful error message.

Zorb Burger

Re: Known Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-13, 11:17:25 PM »
u be fixin them!!!!! :D

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-27, 07:19:01 AM »
The following problems exist in 1.4.6, but have work-arounds:
  • When creating a path in the map editor, if any segment of the path is longer that 32767 pixels (if any point in the path is more that 32767 pixels away from the previous point) an error occurs.

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-02-07, 07:52:04 PM »
found this to be a bit of a problem, if you remove a tileset and then save+close, when you try to re-open, if a map needed that tileset it causes the builder to crash, citing run-time error 91
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

gwal

• Regular
  • Game Progress: Outer Space / Items
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-02-07, 08:38:27 PM »
If you ever want to 'cleanly' remove a tileset from your game, make sure to delete/change layers of maps or sprites that use it. I can see what you're saying though; I've removed tilesets several times only to find that there was some obscure sprite I had forgotten about which used the tileset's graphics.

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-02-07, 09:36:53 PM »
the problem for me is that i have over 60 maps in my game irght now, and i thought i hadremoved it from what was using it, but apparently not. it wouldnt be that big a deal though if it told you what was using it, like what map or what sprite, but instead i had to go in and manually add the tileset back in before i could re-open the game wihtout it crashing
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2006-02-07, 11:12:16 PM »
When I try to remove a tileset that is being used by a sprite definition or a layer in GameDev 1.4.6, I get an error message:
Cannot remove tileset "<whatever>" because it is being used by layer "<whatever>" of map "<whatever>".
or
Cannot remove tileset "<whatever>" because it is being used by sprite definition "<whatever>" on map "<whatever>".

I don't know how you are missing this unless you are using a really old version of GameDev.

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-02-08, 05:02:42 AM »
well, i have 1.4.6, so idk. maybe its not using it, but then i don't know why it wouldnt start up when saying it couldnt find the tileset. but oh well, i fixed it

gwal

• Regular
  • Game Progress: Outer Space / Items
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-02-08, 05:35:57 PM »
wow. 60 maps is a lot.