Author Topic: Will SGDK2 support importing of alpha textures?  (Read 2878 times)

Mic

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Will SGDK2 support importing of alpha textures?
« on: 2007-05-24, 12:15:11 PM »
Hello, first post here. I have been digging around both SGDK Version 1 and 2. And must say ver.2 is looking quite nice. As a newb

NightFang

• Regular
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will SGDK2 support importing of alpha textures?
« Reply #1 on: 2007-05-24, 03:33:38 PM »
well i see what your saying im new to but not so new anymore...well i imported a picture in the graphics mode and ive also imported some textures from a thing i found and it seems to work nice for me it remains in detail and everything just keep in mind i didnt size it down by using the size changer thing but still that works rather nicely but if you want to import images or pictures you just do these things:

1. Create new or use one thats already made of a graphic sheet (well open it up)
2.then click on file at the top right of the screen
3. Click on import graphic
4. then browse through your files and find the texture you want to put in and there you go well the rest you should be able to figure out i have no clue how to explain it.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: Will SGDK2 support importing of alpha textures?
« Reply #2 on: 2007-05-24, 05:30:54 PM »
You can indeed import graphics.  The internal format used by SGDK2 is PNG, so if you save files from Photoshop as PNG, then import them, all alpha transparency will be maintained.
Edward Dassmesser