Author Topic: Just to say thanks  (Read 3072 times)

silk824

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Just to say thanks
« on: 2007-07-19, 10:33:52 AM »
Hi,

I'm just a novice at programming but I have just completed the Simple Tutorial and have just made a very presentable Maze game, I left out the gravity and also used the little rocket sprite from GameDev1, so even with my limited knowledge it works and I didn't really have any trouble with the instructions, so thanks and a thumbs up from me.

I just hope it won't get to technical from now and leave me behind.

Ted

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: Just to say thanks
« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-19, 03:02:22 PM »
There are already many wizards in place to do many tasks, and BlueMonk is or soon will be working on a bunch of sprite templates.  This is one of the few steps remaining to allow people who don't know anything about programming to still be able to make games with SGDK2.  So hopefully being "too technical" shouldn't be a problem, while it's still accessible to people who do want to write custom code and custom objects to create even more unique games.
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Just to say thanks
« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-23, 05:31:06 AM »
Thanks for your comments, Ted!  Not many people have been commenting lately, so I forgot to visit the forums for a few days, but it's always good to hear comments (especially the good ones :)).  And, as durnurd said, SGDK2 will be getting *less* technical not more technical, as far as new development is concerned, because all that remains in my plans before release are features to make it easier to use, not expand capabilities.  Or are you talking about what you have left to look at rather than what I have left to develop?  Since you already completed a simple game, I'll assume you're talking about the part I have yet to develop.