SGDK Version 1 > General Discussion

Distributing SGDK Games

(1/3) > >>

tprime:
So if we wanted to distribute a game and sell them, how would we do that. I read that we had to make the game run seperately from the engine? How? ???

bluemonkmn:
That's only if you're distributing your game under a license incompatible with the GPL.  I suggest you distribute something under the terms of the GPL to see what kind of response you get from your game(s) before creating a game where you go through the trouble of closing your source and using a different license (if you must).

tprime:
I return! So we can sell the games with the SGDK Install? Because when I tried it at my friends, it didn't work.  :D

bluemonkmn:
Well, I wouldn't try to sell things that don't work ;)

Jam0864:
well your game would have to be of a great standard to be sold.
from what i have played, i still think rolly was the best game, chameleon man was alright, it had the length and all, but rolly was more fun.  ;)
Rolly is one of the few sgdk games that when i got stuck, i liked the game enough to keep trying until i finished it. (well i eventually gave up and edited the project to skip the level... lol) Then i finished every level after that.  ;D
But still, rolly would have to have more levels to be worthy of being sold, thats the problem with sgdk projects, they're always short...
So you would have to make a fun, and fairly long (i reckon at least 40 or so levels...so i recommend you use sgdk2 instead...coz it has the ability to keep sprite rules across more than one map. that and with more power, you can make some more variety, with ladders and such, so the game would be more fun as a result. hmm i just realised i typed that whole bit without referring to the sgdk2 games license, you'd probably better check that first. ;))
If you rly plan on making a game and selling it, then maybe make some free games first to see if ppl like them, what they like and dont like so u can improve; as bluemonkmn suggested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version