Author Topic: Tile Matching and toolbar buttons and an idea for a wizard  (Read 3122 times)

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
is there going to be tile matching any time soon? i was just wondering.  ???

also i think that there should be toolbar buttons again. (i havent downloaded the beta version yet so i dont know waht it looks like yet. stupid dialup! >:()

plus i think some kind of wizard should be nice to automatically create a minimal game quickly, including sprite "preset rules", and you can edit things later.

just my thoughts... :D
Looking to the skies.....

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Tile Matching and toolbar buttons and an idea for a wizard
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-20, 06:23:22 AM »
1) Tile matching is on the list, but I don't know when it will be implemented or how.  I think the implementation in 2.x should be better than it was in 1.x, but it's hard to think of a simple enough design that's flexible enough.

2) There are toolbar buttons and have been since the very beginning.  Maybe you just want more buttons?

3) If you select the right item from the New pop-up menu in the File menu, you don't even have to go through a wizard to get a minimal (or complete) game as your starting point for a new project.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: Tile Matching and toolbar buttons and an idea for a wizard
« Reply #2 on: 2007-09-20, 07:47:53 AM »
One thing I might suggest for toolbar buttons is to get rid of the "Tools" tab in the layer editor, since those tools only affect the tile editing anyway, and just put a toolbar on top of the tile editing tab with the functionality of those buttons.

Similarly, maybe have a toolbar in the frameset editor with the major functionality of the right-click menu.  It's good to have the more used functionality immediately visible.
Edward Dassmesser