Author Topic: Changing music and using CD-rom tracks  (Read 5948 times)

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Changing music and using CD-rom tracks
« on: 2007-12-01, 04:15:02 PM »
im not sure if this would require scripting, but is there a way to change a (for example) midi file once it has played once. and also a way to use music from a cdrom drive.

i dont know if anyone out there has forgotten how to script since sgdk2, but if anybody knows how, let me know. :)

the map name is Level1, the midis are b3d1.mid, b3d2.mid, b3d3.mid. the cdrom has 6 tracks. (just for an example)
Looking to the skies.....

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Changing music and using CD-rom tracks
« Reply #1 on: 2007-12-02, 08:37:28 AM »
Why do you want to change the MIDI file after it played once?  If you want one to play after the other, why not just combine them into a single MIDI file?
GameDev should be able to play any file that media player can play.  Some drivers expose CD tracks as CDA files, which I think Media Player will use to play the associated music track.  Maybe you can load a CDA file into GameDev and see if it will play the associated music track from CD.

Funny -- whenever anybody wants to do something complicated without script, I find myself replying that it'd be easier to do with script.  But once someone thinks they have a task for scripting, my suggestion is, hey, you could probably do that without script :).

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2007-12-03, 08:13:57 AM »
GameDev should be able to play any file that media player can play.  Some drivers expose CD tracks as CDA files, which I think Media Player will use to play the associated music track.  Maybe you can load a CDA file into GameDev and see if it will play the associated music track from CD.

doesn't work. Plus my CD-Rom drive is an odd letter (F:) so they would need to set up their cds for that drive (some how)
i could just include the music files on the cd and have the game run from there.

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2007-12-05, 08:12:54 AM »
how do you  combine midis together? ???