Author Topic: SGDK2 Beta 2 Released  (Read 8007 times)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
SGDK2 Beta 2 Released
« on: 2007-12-02, 10:42:19 AM »
A new beta release of SGDK2 is now available for download.
Changes include:
  • Fix error in the frameset editor when switching to the frame editor when the previously selected background frame has been deleted.
  • Add a parameter to the TileTake function to specify which tile should be put in the removed tile's place
  • Fix errors that occurred when SGDK2 files containing an apostrophe are included in the recent files list
  • Fix the way sprites react to solids when sandwiched between diagonal solids, and other errors in solidity checking.
  • Display tiles' color modulation effects in the dropdown list of the tileset editor
  • Fix an error that could occur while renaming a plan
  • Fix an error that could occur when a tile placed on the map was beyond the index of the last frame in the frameset, and was not explicitly re-mapped (wrap the index back to the beginning of the frameset)
  • Fix problem with Z-Index changes in the layer wizard
  • Fix problems with the size of the player options window at runtime, when the game is a 1-player game
  • Search parent paths for dll dependencies to copy to output folder during compile (so fmodex.dll can be found when running SGDK2IDE from development environment's bin directory)
  • Fix frame tweening wizard when appending frames with color modulation
  • Allow sprite definition to contain a state without any frames and not cause a fatal error during project initialization
  • When importing graphics, draw the grid with lines instead of dots
  • Do not prompt to save frame in frameset editor if no changes have been made
  • Do not allow graphic browser to jitter when frame/tile being dragged is larger than the height of the browser
  • Remember the last file name for importing graphic cells
  • When drawing tiles in the map editor, display the preview as a replacement of existing tiles instead of overlapping existing tiles
  • Make the Select All and Select None buttons work in the Tileset Importer
  • Eliminate Offset from Layer Wizard steps when adding new layer (no tiles yet).
  • Allow non-animated tiles to be previewed properly in animation preview window: update background color and redraw when resizing
  • Limit size of dropdown list in tileset editor: clip tiles to 64x64 and limit count to 8.
  • Auto-sync the last-opened animation preview window with the current tile in the tileset editor
  • Add "SelectLastCreatedSprite" rule function
  • Add lastCreatedSprite to drop-down lists for parameters that expect sprites
  • If title text in template is not provided, still clear comment/details window in the import wizard when template is selected
  • Fix error with swapped X and Y values in preview of solidity mask when no alpha mask is applied
  • Work around Managed Direct3D memory leak that was causing games and IDE to hang on exit
  • Fix bug that caused messages to potentially not to draw in the correct location in release mode
  • If an error occurs before the game window opens, display the error without trying to close the game window
  • Add Tutorial4.html for sound and music.

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: SGDK2 Beta 2 Released
« Reply #1 on: 2007-12-02, 11:48:20 AM »
  • When importing graphics, draw the grid with lines instead of dots
  • When drawing tiles in the map editor, display the preview as a replacement of existing tiles instead of overlapping existing tiles
  • Add "SelectLastCreatedSprite" rule function
  • Add lastCreatedSprite to drop-down lists for parameters that expect sprites
  • Fix error with swapped X and Y values in preview of solidity mask when no alpha mask is applied
  • Add Tutorial4.html for sound and music.

thank you blue monk! these are my favourites.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2007-12-03, 07:29:10 AM »
It looks like I missed a few things in beta 2:
  • Resizing the map editor window (maximize or restore) causes a null reference exception
  • Fix the size of the slider bar in the window that previews sound effects with FMOD
  • Add a button to disable/enable child rules in the rule editors.  If possible, also indicate the state of the rules in the tree view.

Colors:
Default = Will be included before final release
Brown = Will be investigated and might be included in the release

Since talking about features for the next beta in all sorts of different topics makes it hard for me to remember what to do (and forget to fix things) I will collect changes for the next beta here.  Keep in mind that during beta, changes are mainly for minor adjustments and bug fixes.

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-12-03, 10:58:39 AM »
Keep in mind that during beta, changes are mainly for minor adjustments and bug fixes.

oooh.....  :-[

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #4 on: 2007-12-03, 11:36:10 AM »
Don't worry.  Value-add is still on the schedule after the first release.
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2007-12-12, 07:03:07 AM »
OK, I implemented all the fixes listed above (including the enable/disable child rules and indicator in the tree view) and fixed the problem that durnurd found with the frame remapping wizard.  I also added a tutorial for importing sprites (http://sgdk2.sf.net/Documentation/Tutorial5.html) to make it more obvious that sprites can be imported (as suggested by Morgengrauen, I think).  Is there anything else I'm forgetting? I think I'm ready for Release Candidate 1.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #6 on: 2007-12-12, 09:30:46 AM »
Well, it may be too late now, but perhaps either a way to link source code to an object for importing purposes, or when importing an object of any type aside from Source Code, Source Code files are also imported from the template?

Perhaps for 2.0.1
Edward Dassmesser

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2007-12-12, 09:45:46 PM »
So does that mean SGDK2 Beta 2 is actually the actual release, where only small and not major changes will be implented?

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2007-12-13, 06:01:58 AM »
There weren't any major changes from beta 1 to beta 2 either.  Just a lot of little fixes.  But unless I hear otherwise, beta 2 needs far fewer fixes.  So it's pretty close to the release version, I think.