Author Topic: Codename: IDK  (Read 375206 times)

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Codename: IDK
« Reply #180 on: 2010-10-19, 12:19:12 AM »
After about a year and a 1/2 hiatus, I'm finally starting back on this project....again! This time, however, I will be using XNA rather than SGDK 1 or 2. (Although, I'm thinking of porting it once I finish.) I'll continue the rest of this thread on the "Game Development Artistry" thread and I may also start a blogspot to post updates on rather than bugging you guys every week with only one or 2 minor changes (I was just looking back at all the previous posts and gosh was I so stupid then...).

I've shown this game and/or story to other students and teachers at my college and have gotten many positive results back from them. I really think this game just might succeed in the industry sometime in the future. I hope this game will be available for download on major consoles like WiiWare, XBLA, or PSN (Of course, I'll have better graphics by then).

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help over the years and for supporting me the whole time. :D I probably would have never gotten into game design without SGDK instead of continuing my writing of Mario fan fiction (no joke...). This isn't goodbye, however, I still will drop by every once in a while to see how everything's coming.

With love, hatred, and respect,
Joel Green
aka SmartBoy16
Looking to the skies.....

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: 2010-10-19, 12:59:26 AM »
Good luck with your future endeavours.

Vincent

• SGDK2 Addict
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Legacy of Kain: Revival is completed!!!
    • View Profile
    • Chivalrous Games
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: 2010-10-19, 08:03:25 AM »
Good luck and have fun with your projects!
Legacy of Kain: Revival completed!
http://lokrevival.webs.com

See also my company website:
http://chivalrousgames.com

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: 2014-09-10, 07:16:58 PM »
Deep apologies for reviving this old thread, but I kinda wanted to give a small update on my situation for those that did miss me.

Since the last time I was here, I finished college and got my degree in Bachelor's of Science in Video Game Design & Development (and yes, I was told the ampersand was important). However, I got myself sucked into a major year and a half long deep hole of a depression that basically prevented me from being productive at all. In the most cliche way possible, I've found myself a mate who also has an interest in game design which has been slowly getting me out of this depression hole I dug myself into. I can say that I've never been happier in my life!

But yeah, about this project. Reading back through all the posts (and head-desking at just about every small mistake my 16 year old self made) I enjoyed working on this project and I've learned so much about game design, even if the project itself kind of flopped. Recently, I've been re-teaching myself C++ and working more with DirectX and am having loads of fun with it, mostly because I actually fell like I have so much more control over the type of games that I, myself, want to make (as opposed to, for example, using Unity3D as a 2D engine which I feel is a huge waste of resources). So yeah...

As for this project, I want to thank all of you for the support you've given me over the years. All the help I received, all the times I had one annoying small problem, those times where I would change one line and it was considered a full update. I cannot thank you all enough for showing me support over these years. As for the future of this game, I'm not 100% certain. I want to come back and finish this game (after giving it a much needed overhaul and a bit better of a direction), although the exact time I will begin once again, I'm not certain. When that happens, I will make sure that you all will be the first to know (even if I somehow have this game made with the help of a professional studio and I would have to give you all NDAs and all of that fun stuff).

Once again, thank you all for the support over the years. I don't think I could get as far as I did without you.

-SmaryBoy16
Wow, this name is old.....
Looking to the skies.....