Author Topic: Video Tuts  (Read 11983 times)

TheLaw

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Video Tuts
« Reply #15 on: 2008-11-20, 04:21:14 PM »
i hope so. technically there is a difference between winMe and Win2k. even though win 2k was realeased first, WinMe's version is 4.9 (with win2k being 5.0)

Oh thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn't using windows back then, and I was wondering about that as I was typing. "ME" was Millennium Edition right?

Hey, does anyone know of any free software for making video tuts? I know there a couple of free video screen capture rs out there, but I don't think you can edit in dialog and what not with those.
I fought the law and TheLaw won...!

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: 2008-11-21, 06:39:35 AM »
i hope so. technically there is a difference between winMe and Win2k. even though win 2k was realeased first, WinMe's version is 4.9 (with win2k being 5.0)

Oh thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn't using windows back then, and I was wondering about that as I was typing. "ME" was Millennium Edition right?

Hey, does anyone know of any free software for making video tuts? I know there a couple of free video screen capture rs out there, but I don't think you can edit in dialog and what not with those.

if you have xp, you could use windows movie maker (it should be either included, or you can download it from microsoft) then use the Print Screen button on the keyboard (next to scroll lock) to take a snapshot of the screen. open paint, Ctrl+V, save as bitmap (or jpg or png, whichever youy prefer). open WMM, drag pictures to WMM in correct order, add text (using paint) to describe steps, compile into avi (or whatever other format is used), post on youtube.

yes i know im cheap, but it works.

yes, ME stands for Millenium Edition, or as some people called it, "Mistake Edition". after using it for a while, many bugs really slow down the system, like in my case, i cannot use the help program that came with it. id use windows 98, but then i cannot play DVDs on my computer (and that is something i cannot live without).
Looking to the skies.....

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2008-11-21, 03:20:51 PM »
Movie maker is fine for simple tutorials, but I wouldn't use screenshots.
I haven't tried any of this software but it should be a start.

TheLaw

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-11-21, 06:08:54 PM »
Holly cow Jam! I'll admit it's been many years since I've looked around google for free screen recorders. That's a great list. Thanks! I feel like a fool for assuming, and not checking. Another one of my many blond moments that I'm having more and more of lately. Sleep is good! :tired:
I fought the law and TheLaw won...!