Author Topic: mp3: lame encoding  (Read 2646 times)

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
mp3: lame encoding
« on: 2008-01-23, 02:47:03 PM »
justed wanted to say that lame encoding for mp3s isn't supported, despite it can be imported. maybe this could either be fixed or be mentioned in the help file.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: mp3: lame encoding
« Reply #1 on: 2008-01-23, 04:19:39 PM »
I tried a LAME mp3 on my computer and it worked just fine.  Does your file play elsewhere just fine?  What program did you use to encode, and in what specific format?  I used RazorLame and encoded a 16-bit mono WAV to a LAME MP3 and it played in the "Play with FMOD" preview window as well as in the game.
Edward Dassmesser

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-01-23, 04:41:47 PM »
uff. the program was Steinberg WaveLab. the waves i encoded were 16bit stereo. the files play in windows media player fine. i changed them all to 96kpbs 44kH.
i tried most of them now again and it seems there are only a few sgdk doesn't like. i'll attach one wav and the mp3 from it, maybe you can find out what's wrong with them.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-23, 07:07:28 PM »
That would probably be a question for the FMOD forums at fmod.org.  SGDK2 uses FMODEx version 0.4.6.1.  Maybe a newer version of FMODEx can play it better.  If not, maybe the forum members will have some idea.  If you can confirm that it works with other FMOD applications, but only SGDK2 has a problem, then I'll have to look into it further, but it seems like it would be a problem within FMOD.  SGDK2 uses the "FMOD.MODE.OPENMEMORY" flag to load the sound from memory, BTW.