Author Topic: EZBoard  (Read 7934 times)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
EZBoard
« on: 2005-03-15, 11:25:07 AM »
The only drawback of this new board is that I lost all my credibility as "having more posts than anybody else except BlueMonkMN"  So here's my attempt to begin getting more than anybody else again ;D so I begin by saying "Humdeedum".

Though I do like PHPBB2 much much more than EZboard, I must say.  Much easier to work with.

--Edit--

Also, EZBoard had a link back to http://gamedev.sf.net.  So until somebody puts one up, there it is :)
Edward Dassmesser

Eastfist

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • Eastfist - Chongchen Saelee
EZBoard
« Reply #1 on: 2005-03-17, 10:08:48 PM »
Shwow... this joint looks much better than the EZBoard forum. Nice.
"What's in a game?"  Juliet says to insult Romeo.

Orion Pax

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • OPX
EZBoard
« Reply #2 on: 2005-03-21, 11:00:26 AM »
I moved my gaming clan's forum off ezboard back in 2001 or so when they started adding all the ads and popups. Used snitz for a while (ASP forums), invasion for a bit, and now phpbb for the last 6-8 months. I liked running snitz the best but they were slow to patch exploits. If I ever switched again, I'd buy vbulletin.

Hopefully the php issues on the server won't crop up again (My clan forum's broke too)! Most everything else we run is either asp (old stuff) or aspx.

Oh, just in case someone is curious the game I have a clan for is called ARC www.arc-hq.net. Overhead view 2d team game, mostly 'capture the flag' maps. The net code is old and quirky, but its still fun =] As I recall it was a school project from the person/people that now do the PopCap stuff.

Anonymous

EZBoard
« Reply #3 on: 2005-03-29, 02:17:20 PM »
The only drawback of this new board is that I lost all my credibility as "having more posts than anybody else except BlueMonkMN" So here's my attempt to begin getting more than anybody else again

Not if i can help it >:( I will have the most postcount.....I will plan on "one word" or "symbol only" responses.  I will also ask questions like "cant i make doom3 mods with SGDK?"  on a daily basis.  Oh, and post in the wrong forum with every post as well. :twisted: MwaHahaha

Anyways, I think the new forum looks ok.  I did like ez-board though, although i might be in the minority there.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
EZBoard
« Reply #4 on: 2005-03-29, 05:50:06 PM »
I suppose the one problem with your plan is that you aren't logged in, so it doesn't keep your post count.

Funny, isn't it, the way that works?

Oh, and by the by, BlueMonk, if you want to import all of the old posts from EZBoard, here's a thing to do it (from phpbb website):

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/phpbb/conv_ezboard.zip
Edward Dassmesser

cbass

• Expert
  • Regular
  • script this
    • View Profile
    • Squest RPG
EZBoard
« Reply #5 on: 2005-03-31, 12:09:13 PM »
hehe, that post up there was me.  The computers at school are not good with cookies.:)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
EZBoard
« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-01, 06:26:35 AM »
Were you cbass2 on EZBoard?

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Now really, BM
« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-01, 09:07:32 AM »
Really, BlueMonk (You have the same initials as Black Mage from nuklearpower.com) how many people could be so witty as to use the letter "C" as the word "sea" and make it seem like they're actually a fish?  That's creative, alright!

:P
Edward Dassmesser

cbass

• Expert
  • Regular
  • script this
    • View Profile
    • Squest RPG
EZBoard
« Reply #8 on: 2005-04-01, 05:56:21 PM »
Quote from: "bluemonkmn"
Were you cbass2 on EZBoard?

yeah, i decided to drop the "2" for this forum.  some sucker already took "cbass" for universal ezboard, so i just went with 2.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
EZBoard Attack
« Reply #9 on: 2005-06-02, 05:39:33 AM »
Looks like I stopped using EZBoard at a good time.  They were severely attacked on Tuesday and lost not only a bunch of boards, but a significant amount of backup data.  The last backup they can use is from May 9th.