Author Topic: Importing Audio  (Read 8643 times)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: Importing Audio
« Reply #15 on: 2008-12-02, 11:27:21 PM »
Part of the problem may be how importing works.  It's not immediately obvious to somebody who's used SGDK 1 how to create a left-right walking sprite.  You say New Sprite, and you get this vast blank canvas which is not a step in the right direction.  If there were a way to show the sprites in the library in a dropdown to select from when creating a new sprite (or able to select <Blank>) that might make things simpler, similar to how new projects are made from the file menu.
Edward Dassmesser

dutch_619

• Regular
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: 2008-12-03, 01:04:50 AM »
Now that would shorten the learning curve quite a bit, just by being able to see how a simple sprites rule-set should look. All that blank space is intimidating after SGDK1 as you said!

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2008-12-03, 05:49:33 AM »
Good point.  Also, I noticed last night that I should make all the generated and intrinsic source code come in the form of "partial" classes, so that custom code can extend these classes in independent files, allowing the code generator and the "reset code" command to overwrite the delivered code without interfering with the extensions.  Then I can convert groups of rules to a partial class custom code file.  So I will try adding that and also adding something to make the sprite templates much more visible.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: 2008-12-05, 06:37:16 AM »
I have updated SGDK 2.1 to allow the user to select a sprite template to import from a pop-up menu off the "New" command, which seems to work nicely.  And I am partly done implementing a function to allow you to convert a set of rules to a function.  I have it to the point where all the rules can be converted to code.  Now I need to figure our the best way(s) for the user to specify which rules to convert, and whether/how they are deleted and replaced with a call to the new function.  Then I'll probably compile and post a new beta release.

dutch_619

• Regular
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: 2008-12-05, 12:43:32 PM »
Sweet! I'll be sure to migrate to SGDK2.1 upon the Beta release of the update!

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: 2008-12-13, 11:50:35 AM »
There you go... it's ready.  You can also convert rules to functions.