Author Topic: SGDK 2.1 Beta 1 Released  (Read 17626 times)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: SGDK 2.1 Beta 1 Released
« Reply #30 on: 2009-01-11, 09:32:36 PM »
I figured I should upgrade FMOD before releasing 2.1 anyway.  So I just released beta 5 which upgrades SGDK 2.1 to using FMOD 4.20.06 -- the latest stable release.  You could try using that version of SGDK2 and copy the code that it has for accessing sounds in any of its sample projects/files.  The files you'll nee to make sure are in your project are:
1. fmodex.dll -- this should be automatic unless you have a copy of fmodex.dll in the directory where your SGDK2 file is.  If I recall correctly, fmodex.dll is generally picked up from the SGDK2IDE.exe directory.
2. fmod.cs -- This is a child of fmodex.dll in the project tree.  You can copy this content directly from the file fmod.cs in the Library\Sounds folder of SGDK 2.1.  Copy the content of the file and paste it into your project's version of fmod.cs.  (The templates in Library\Sounds import this file automatically as they are imported.)
3. fmodbase.cs -- Load any of the SGDK2 files from Library\Sounds and open fmodbase.cs (which is a child of fmod.cs in the project tree).  Copy the entire contents of the file, load your project and paste it in place of your project's version of this file.

That should take care of updating your project to FMOD 4.20.06.  Would be interesting to hear if that has any effect on the error you were seeing, Jam0864.

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
Re: SGDK 2.1 Beta 1 Released
« Reply #31 on: 2009-01-14, 07:21:11 AM »
Oh wow, firelight technologies (makers of FMOD) office is located within a 20 minute drive of my house.

www.jam0864.110mb.com/files/guitarwip.zip
www.jam0864.110mb.com/files/guitarwip(sgdk2file).zip

I'm sending it to some friends and reposted it on that forum, should have a response by tomorrow, for now, I'm going to bed! G'night!