I have uploaded my next update to http://sgdk2.enigmadream.com/ben/CleanGame.zip
It's probably pretty difficult for anyone to figure out how how to use/play this project now without a lot of help, so my next step will be to make a better sample/tutorial level to play with.
But here's what you can do now. The meaning of Space Bar and Enter keys have changed. Space bar now selects an inventory item, and Enter uses/deploys it. (Right now you have unlimited inventory.) The currently selected inventory item is displayed at the top. These are the items:
1. Bomb: same as before, lights a fuse and blows up when it burns up.
2. Nanobot constant power supply. This will automatically seek and attach itself to the nearest Nanobot and provide 200 units of power.
3. Nanobot destructor. Automatically seek and destroy the nearest Nanobot. Wouldn't want your Nanobots overrunning the world!
4. Nanobot mover - Follow mode. Center of a nanobot is responsible for movement. When an attached power supply is supplying power, this will move the bot and all its attachments toward the nearest enemy. (There are other movers, but the player can't deploy them yet; I haven't tested them.)
5. Nanobot collision power supply. This is a power supply that only supplies power when it's touching an enemy.
6. Nanobot splashy power supply. This is a power supply that only supplies power when it gets wet.
7. Nanobot bomb dropper. This attaches itself to the bottom of the nearest nanobot mover. When this bot is supplied with a unit of power, it drops a bomb and disappears.
8. Nanobot water dropper. This attaches itself to the bottom of the nearest nanobot mover. When this bot is supplied with a unit of power, it drops a drop of water and disappears.
Power supplies will terminate if they hit any solid.
If the Nanobot mover to which a power supply is attached disappears, a power supply will seek the next nearest nanobot and re-attach itself to that (this may change -- not sure if this is a good idea).
Bomb or water droppers will terminate if it hits any solid that prevents it from reaching its destination.
Nanobot destructors can only be stopped by a biohazard tile or another destructor.
Nanobot movers will react to solidity and will terminate only when hitting a nanobot destructor or biohazard.