Author Topic: Map  (Read 3808 times)

silvereagle201

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Map
« on: 2009-08-03, 10:27:01 PM »
I seem to have missed something in the tutorial. I am working on a game idea but when I try to place tiles on the map the repeat wherever I  move the cursor.  What do I do to place just one tile at a time? Also can I use one layer for a background and another for my main tiles and sprites and another for foreground tiles? I know how this works in version 1 but I'm not sure if it is the same in 2.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Map
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-04, 05:25:12 AM »
It sounds like you may be trying to use a transparent background layer.  It's not that the tile is repeating wherever you use the mouse, but rather there's no background to replace the temporary image of the tile that was being displayed where the mouse was.  You should create a layer with a non-transparent background.  As soon as some layer is covering the map with some tile, it will start to work more like you expect.  You can set a background tile when you create the layer.

And yes, you can have multiple layers.  Just keep adding layers to the same map.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-04, 10:34:21 AM »
That was the same error I always had too. Thanks.   ;D

Rubix Cube

• Regular
  • Christmas is soon. Don't get stressed out, ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-04, 02:22:38 PM »
You can also Cut and Paste the tile on top of a background tile if you don't want more layers.
Just make a copy of whatever you want your new tile to be placed over and use the Cut and Paste tool to put them together. Solid tile, no buffer issues.
I've made more new graphics for the Remository. Check 'em out, you may like them.

Need a new life?
http://www.harvest.org/crusades/events/archives.htm

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-04, 08:09:02 PM »
Hmm, perhaps for usability the map editor should have a solid color background if this situation arises?
Edward Dassmesser