Author Topic: Bots  (Read 7728 times)

dutch_619

• Regular
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bots
« Reply #15 on: 2009-10-28, 10:27:03 AM »
It appears that 40nm is the limit on process size, any lower and quantum effects become a problem e.g. tunneling. The trouble is that granularity is a problem with coding for multiple cores. Some problems do not parallelize(sic) well.

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: 2009-10-28, 02:46:14 PM »
It appears that 40nm is the limit on process size, any lower and quantum effects become a problem e.g. tunneling. The trouble is that granularity is a problem with coding for multiple cores. Some problems do not parallelize(sic) well.
I disagree, there is already 32nm graphics cards on the market, and intel plans on releasing 32nm cpu's soon enough.

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-10-29, 02:36:51 AM »
there will be another technique to replace the current technology. i heard of some tests and theories a few years ago. alas, i can't recall the name.
but, i think it is for sure, this computer power/size/speed development will go on.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: 2009-10-29, 05:38:27 AM »
We'll start using the space offered in parallel dimensions.  You know, like mice.  "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Fans" know that mice are the most advanced beings in the universe, but only a small portion of their being protrudes into this universe :).  I think that's how it worked.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #19 on: 2009-10-29, 05:44:39 PM »
We'll start using the space offered in parallel dimensions.  You know, like mice.  "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Fans" know that mice are the most advanced beings in the universe, but only a small portion of their being protrudes into this universe :).  I think that's how it worked.

NERD!

Oh... wait
Edward Dassmesser

dutch_619

• Regular
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: 2009-10-30, 09:26:18 AM »
I had heard that the 32nm process didn't scale well, but it appears they've found a fix...

Wait, isn't quantum processing based in part on the idea that all the processors exist in the multiverse simultaneously and the first one to get the correct answer returns the value to all the processors? This would allow for a MASSIVELY parallel brute force attempt.