Thanks a lot guys!
I really need your comments and suggestions, because I've been working on this for so long that I take many things for granted and many that I just don't see anymore. I can't even tell if the game is fun or not (although it might be a little soon to determine that already).
I'll begin working on your suggestions right away.
1 and 2) Thank you for the text corrections. I guess I can speak English well enough to be understood but I'm far from being perfectly bilingual. I guess I'm still thinking in french and then translate into English rather than thinking in English straight away, so it leads to some strange dialogs, such as "There is not enough place to dodge them", "place" being french in that context.
3) I'm glad you like the doors!
4) Yup, the wall can be broken later with the right skill.
5) Okay, I will change this!
6) Good idea!
7) Thanks! But... I can't take too much credit for it. 99% of the graphics come from Castlevania games and other games with a similar design. I only tweak them to make them fit together, recolor them to suit my needs. I can't draw that good, unfortunately.
Oh good! I was afraid people would think it too much and get bored. I plan to reduce the amount of "informative" text as the game goes on and the player learns the mechanics.
9) It's a sprite that is basically working like the doors.
10) Yes... I'm aware of that. I keep trying to solve this problem, but it keeps coming back.
I've got an idea that I didn't try yet, I guess I should now!
11) The archers in the library? I guess you do what you want! Either kill them and feed on them or dodge the arrows and ignore them. They are basically there to be annoying.
12) Yeah... When my wife played the game, she got killed a couple of times too before the first save point. She was getting pissed to pass through the tutorial section each time. I was thinking to add "checkpoints" before boss fights so that when you die, you reload at the checkpoint rather than the previous save. I guess I should add a checkpoint after the tutorial too.
13) Oh, this one is a first. Okay, I'll look into this.
14) Checkpoint coming!
Yeah, bigger window would definitely be an asset. As for sound effects and music, I prefer to delay them as much as possible since the game is already so heavy. It will get worse with sound. Probably busting the 15 megs limit in the game repository and then I'm screwed!
Have you seen the elevator puzzle yet?
As for making the game bigger with the zooming... I was kind of hoping you would want to look into this yourself...
Not that I want to force your hand or anything! But I guess it will be much easier for you to achieve that since, well, you made the game engine!
But if you don't, well, I'll look into this myself.
What controls would you suggest? SmartBoy16 pointed this out when he played the first version with the demo room, but I don't know which button mapping would be best as default layout.
Yeah! Everyone complains about the size of the window!
I got used to it, but I would definitely like it bigger too!
About the first fight. I'm unfamiliar with your expression "SI / action". What does it mean? Do you have suggestions to make the first fight better? Also, keep in mind that it is not meant to be a "boss fight" but simply an introduction to the fighting mechanics. That being said, if you have any ideas on how to improve it: I'm all ears!
Thanks a lot for your time guys! I really appreciate it!