Author Topic: High school import help  (Read 3856 times)

tspoon12

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
High school import help
« on: 2010-02-25, 01:59:36 PM »
For a semester project I'm making a video game. I've got to the point of creating sets. I've made a map and set it to start. I've got a spite in the map, but I get these errors when trying to start the game. I'm not sure of what to do.

h:\prody project\Prody for real\SpriteBase.cs(2092,11) : warning CS0219: The variable 'result' is assigned but its value is never used
h:\prody project\Prody for real\Sprites\Player.cs(91,49) : error CS0117: 'TileCategoryName' does not contain a definition for 'Ladder'
h:\prody project\Prody for real\Sprites\Player.cs(106,49) : error CS0117: 'TileCategoryName' does not contain a definition for 'Ladder'
h:\prody project\Prody for real\Sprites\Player.cs(152,71) : error CS0117: 'LayerSpriteCategoriesBase' does not contain a definition for 'Platforms'
h:\prody project\Prody for real\GameForm.cs(118,7) : warning CS0618: 'System.Windows.Forms.Form.AutoScale' is obsolete: 'This property has been deprecated. Use the AutoScaleMode property instead.  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'
h:\prody project\Prody for real\GameForm.cs(177,11) : warning CS0168: The variable 'coopCode' is declared but never used
h:\prody project\Prody for real\fmodbase.cs(87,10) : warning CS0168: The variable 'ex' is declared but never used

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: High school import help
« Reply #1 on: 2010-02-25, 03:19:15 PM »
here's what you should do to fix this:

1. Add a Tile Category named "Ladder" and add the Ladder tiles from the SHFL tileset. If you set up your player using the example game, you should now be able to climb up the ladders

2. Create a new "Platform" Sprite. (RightClick Sprite Definitions->New->Simple Platform)

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need any other help

Earth to BlueMonk! This topic belongs in version 2 Help.
Looking to the skies.....

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-02-26, 06:08:37 AM »
I would be surprised if people read the help files more than the forums. ;)
I should do something about that problem, though.

tspoon12

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-02-26, 12:50:45 PM »
Trust me, we looked at the help files. My teacher who's pretty intelligent went through them lol and couldn't find a solution.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2010-02-27, 06:55:40 AM »
Well, please come back with any further questions.  I hope you will share your project(s) with us when you get something interesting completed.  Things have been relatively quiet here lately, so opportunities to participate and help out with ongoing SGDK2 projects is welcome.  I'm moving this topic because it's in the wrong version's forum section.