SGDK Version 1 > Projects

The RANAT Foundation: Before the Truth

(1/2) > >>

SmartBoy16:
Yes, I am back! I've been pretty much caught up with a lot of homework, so I haven't been able to do too much, but I have finally decided to go ahead and restart on my game after a year-long hiatus.

I'm planning on doing a few changes to the way I will work on this.

* Starting about June, 1, I get a 2 week break from college, so this will give me some time to start on the project.
* After that, I will try my best to update every two weeks.
* I will be writing all 4 levels out on paper first before doing any work on the computer. I also reduced the number of levels so I can finish it faster. (They still will be in 2 parts and the Boss)
* I am also completely redesigning Basic3D for easier level editing. The current one requires 3 layers to work and it takes waaay too much time to edit and switching layers is a pain, even with the script. The new model will only need 1 layer. It will also be easier to change the design.
I want to be able to finish this in at my own pace, so I won't set a release date...yet. Hopefully I can get it done before I graduate (for my portfolio).

I'll keep posting as I get stuff done!

bluemonkmn:
Are you still stuck back on version 1?

SmartBoy16:
Yes, I decided I wanted to use SGDK1 because I know that better than SGDK2. I kinda feel bad that I have put this off for so long, so I want it to get done quickly. Maybe when I get a little more time, I'll port this game to SGDK2 or XBLA.

SmartBoy16:
Ok guys, I am having a few outside issues to deal with before I can start working on this, so I will uploading my first scans by next Saturday for sure!

SmartBoy16:
Alrighty, I am (officially) back with a few question!!! *insert fanfare here*

Ok, so, there is a certain way that I want to handle control here. I want it to be able to be played on a Gamepad and I am having a few issuses on how Buttons are detected.

Basically, I want the game to be able to determine whether a certain button is being pressed or not being pressed. (Similar to VC#'s KeyUp, KeyDown)

As I noticed that the basic functions can only tell when a key is just pressed once, I decided to use the dreaded helpful scripting to accomplish this. So far: i came up with this code:

--- Code: ---
Dim Btn1, Btn2, Btn3, Btn4
Dim DirU, DirD, DirL, DirR

Sub Player_OnBeforeMoveSprite()
ProjectObj.GamePlayer.PollJoystick 0
If ProjectObj.GamePlayer.JoyButton1 = True Then
Btn1 = True
ProjectObj.GamePlayer.InvQuantityOwned(0) = 2
Else
Btn1 = False
ProjectObj.GamePlayer.InvQuantityOwned(0) = 1
End If
End Sub

--- End code ---

And so far, as many of you probably guessed, nothing showed up. Am I doing this right, or is there a better way of doing this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version