Aw... I was kind of looking forward to seeing an all-fancied-up description because there are so many features for formatting text in the detailed description that never get used
. But it's OK, whatever you like is fine. Also, you may want to put a link to the binary version in case someone stumbles across this one, but doesn't want to get SGDK2 yet. Also, if you think it would help for me to also host the binary version of your game in the binary section, I could do that too.
As for advertising, here are a few thoughts:
- Submit news articles to gamedev.net and games.slashdot.org. I'm not sure if they would consider this news, but I don't think it could hurt to try.
- Post a question on GameDev.net about the best way to announce and publicize your game.
- Google Adwords will give you $75 of free advertising if you find their promotional offer and sign up -- I found mine in Wired. But you can only get this promotion once. I have another one in Wired that I can't use that I could look for if you can't find one.
- Make sure I remember to post news about your game on all the SGDK2 news outlets... the news feed, Facebook page, Homepage, etc.
- Check newsgroups (google groups and/or usenet) for game related discussions and announce your game there.
- Post a (another?) you-tube video of the best parts of your game and link to it. Do it like a trailer where you begin with caption screens like "What ever happened to Kain?" Maybe you could find an advertising/design school student to help you out on your video free of charge.