Author Topic: OpenGL won't work on netbook PC  (Read 15189 times)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: OpenGL won't work on netbook PC
« Reply #30 on: 2011-03-03, 09:56:14 PM »
I tried out the latest version.  It looks like it points to the wrong rule on occasion when finding what rule a line of source code belongs to.  Specifically, I had three rules.  I appended a fourth rule that called a non-existant function, then inserted a rule as the second in the list that called the same nonexistant function.  The bad rules were #2 and #5, but when I tried to compiled, it said the errors were on #3 and #5.  The drawing seems to work fine though.
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: 2011-03-04, 07:34:54 AM »
Odd because it doesn't even look at the function being called.  It just uses the rule name, which has to be unique.  I know there's a problem with "And" and "Or" rules because they don't output the rule name in the generated code, but that should have erred in the other direction (it moves backward/upward until it finds a comment representing a rule name).  Oh, but I knew the line counter was off a bit... I thought it wouldn't matter because the lines would be sufficiently separated by braces and comments and code and such, but perhaps not.  I should probably subtract one or whatever.

At least it gets close.  I should also improve it by making it look not only at the rule name, but also the function and parameters.  Then And and Or rules could work better.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: 2011-03-05, 07:21:18 AM »
OK, I fixed it.  Because it was such a minor update I just changed the file version to 2.1.9.1 and replaced the existing SGDK219.zip file with the new one.  I fixed the problem of counting to the wrong line and the problem of only finding the rule based on the rule name, so now it will find the rule based on rule name and the function and and all parameter values.