Author Topic: Some college projects  (Read 5412 times)

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Some college projects
« on: 2011-04-19, 09:51:09 PM »
Hey, it's been a while! Just wanted to stop by and show some recent college :educated: projects I've been working on. So....here it is.......I'm still trying to think of something worth while to say.....lemons?

The playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=82440A8757A79A97

But anyways, I've discovered Unity and I thought that one of my games that I made up before I started using SGDK might be perfect for that engine, so I just might start developing that game (eventually) once I learn how to use it.
Looking to the skies.....

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Some college projects
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-06, 07:18:49 PM »
Did you mean Unreal?

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-07, 08:18:58 AM »
Unity is not Unreal.  Unity is development platform which can be deployed across many platforms (windows, mac, iOS, Android, and others).  Unreal is a rendering engine that powers Unreal Tournament and other games, but is not cross-platform in the way Unity is.
Edward Dassmesser

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-07, 06:22:25 PM »
Personally, I like Unity a lot better than Unreal. Unity can be used for a larger variety of platforms suck as Adventure, RPG, side scroller, FPS, ect. Unreal is best for FPS games (Although it can be for 3rd person). Although it is claimed that Unreal is the most stable engine, Unity has yet to crash on me. It's unfortunate that at my college the demand on how to make FPS games is much higher than other genres which is why Unreal is taught there early.
Looking to the skies.....