Author Topic: SkySphere  (Read 2093 times)

v6v

• Clever
  • Fanatic
  • Has renamed his project to Galaxy!
    • View Profile
    • My Developer Page!
    • Email
SkySphere
« on: 2011-11-21, 01:24:44 PM »
Well, it seems I do the majority of my posting during the holiday breaks, before and after the occasions. :)

My issue today is this, I want to draw a 3D skydome (rotating sphere with a sky texture on it), but still render the rest of my game in 2D.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5SFu_Y2SsU&feature=related
Pay close attention to the background.^^

The lovely information at opentk.com helped me greatly.
I wanted to draw the sphere, which I did, and render it before drawing the game's textures.

My issue is, I don't fully understand most of this, and although I know the sphere is being drawn, I can't see it.

So this led me to thinking that my issue is that I haven't set a texture to the sphere, and honestly, I can't find any instuctions on how to do that, I figured the texture would either be a texture from a graphic sheet, or just a bitmap or png loaded from a directory

So with all of that said, this is my Display.cs, it draws the sphere with my "modifications" from the web resources I asked for information.

I know that it's fairly long, but if anyone could teach me how I would set a texture to the sphere I created, It would greatly, greatly help. :)
« Last Edit: 2011-11-21, 10:04:21 PM by Pizzaman »

v6v

• Clever
  • Fanatic
  • Has renamed his project to Galaxy!
    • View Profile
    • My Developer Page!
    • Email