Author Topic: Hello SGDK2 Community  (Read 3479 times)

media

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello SGDK2 Community
« on: 2016-03-19, 07:27:19 PM »
Hey Vincent, bluemonkmn, Smartboy,

It's great to see you guys again. Really! I have an issue.
I have a homework assignment for my CS degree that requires me to interview a Project Manager or Team Leader for a project.

I have a feeling that some people here would fit the bill. I know bluemonkmn stated once that he prefers to code and at one point was reluctant to offers to be a project manager.

This might sound like a drag, but..
Can any of you just work with me with a VERY short interview through Skype?

So get this: I'm allergic to peanuts. I still hazard hives to eat them sometimes. Similarly I know some of you are allergic to interviews!  ;) I completely understand if being on-the-spot gives you hives. Don't risk it. So we don't need to discuss it through Skype, if you'd like we could possibly even do it here in this thread.

Thanks, I hope to use what I've learned to contribute to SGDK2.
This is an important assignment for AGILE, and helping me helps me get my degree.

**I'm taking a CUDA class, and while I've never completed the game I had set out to, I think that maybe anything I contribute to this community might just be an SGDK2 addon.

Your friend forever, Pizzaman.

PS Congrats on the Book, and Congrats Vincent for having your game publicized within it. I've been lurking here but I've forgotten my password to login.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-19, 07:34:32 PM by media »

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Hello SGDK2 Community
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-20, 09:33:21 AM »
Normally I think you can use your email account to reset your password if you forget. The email address associated with your original account is of the form d***y@hooves.mail (which I have obscured for privacy) do you remember it? Do you still have access to that address? Is there another address I should reset it to so you can reset your password with it? I can't use the same address you have on the new account because every email address has to be unique among all users.

On the subject of an interview, I wouldn't mind answering some written questions. I could even manage a Skype interview if you think we can find a time that works for both of us. (I'm free most of today, it looks like. After that most evenings after 6:00 pm CDT are available.)

My project management experience is kind of limited because I'm kind of in between being a developer and a manager at work right now. I'm responsible for tracking others' work, writing up and reviewing designs for others to implement, and reviewing others' code to some extent, but mostly spending time on my own coding (fortunately for me!). I have pretty good visibility into how my own manager spends his time too, though. So if you want answers from me, contact me by email -- bluemonkmn@gmail.com. Sometimes I miss a few days visiting the forums so email is the quickest way to reach me in writing.

media

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-20, 04:56:56 PM »
Thanks for responding so quickly bluemonkmn, I didn't think anyone would during the weekend.

I've really missed this website. The hooves.mail email looks strange to me.. I remember st***cis@aol.com, but I could have changed it.

Here's what my instructor wants:

Your name (Which I know)

Company name

Project Description

These are the preliminaries for the assignment. I'll have to continue this into next week once she unveils more of what's going on.

In fact, I should really jot down a little extra additional info about what you've done here as the SGDK2 developer, additionally with your experience as the TechnoVenture developer. All of this adds to your experience. I was really hoping that *you* would agree to this bluemonkmn, thanks!

I don't know if I've ever really introduced myself to you bluemonkmn. (I've already done so with Vincent, I believe, in 2012, then practicing for my French Test.)

My name is Chris.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-20, 05:01:07 PM by media »

Vincent

• SGDK2 Addict
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Legacy of Kain: Revival is completed!!!
    • View Profile
    • Chivalrous Games
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-28, 06:08:21 AM »
Hi Chris!  It's good to hear from you.  I'm glad to see you're doing well.  Good luck with your degree. :)
Legacy of Kain: Revival completed!
http://lokrevival.webs.com

See also my company website:
http://chivalrousgames.com