Author Topic: Turok World  (Read 7282 times)

GameDeveloper

Turok World
« on: 2005-12-07, 11:15:36 PM »
  I have another game I would like to submit.  this one is called Turok World.  It has the character Turok, except where he is transfered into another world and must stay there for his whole life.  He meets a kid named 'Kidd' and they become huge freinds.  They both agree on certain things, such as they hate bright colorful things and generally anything they refer to as 'kiddy'.  This is only their personality, which I thought would be a good break from my other character's personalities.  So, if you hear them call things 'gay' or say other bad words, just know that they are supposed to be presented as humorous and very silly characters.  Do not take this game seriously.  The minute you hear Turok talk, you'll know he has more muscle then brains.  It's all just for fun!

The story is that Kidd and Turok were talking in Kidd's house, and they don't know what to do, they are bored.  they need something to do.  If Kidd doesn't think of something quick, then they will just go to bed.  Suddenly, a portal opens up and saps Kidd into it!  Turok jumps in after him.  Next thing he knows is that Kidd is trappd in a mysterious tower... and you must collect 5 major key's to unlock it.  And so begins your adventure.  You will travel on a world map and go through each world.  each world has three stages in it, so it equals to about 15 stages in all.  The third level is always the one with the major key.  It plays alot like Super Mario 3, only with pretty linear levels.  Samantha's Game [my other game submitted] actually derived from this one...so you get to experience the original!

Anyway, that's an overveiw of the game, and as soon as it's tweaked, I'll inform bluemnkmn and ask how he would like me to submit.  I look forward to bringing another fun game to the listing!

GameDeveloper

Re: Turok World
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-08, 11:59:26 PM »
I'm all done with tweaking this game.  I'm looking to submit it tomorrow, that is if BlueMonkMN would like to recieve it by that time.  I really hope you see the improvements over my last try![Samantha's game]  The game is going to be great!

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-09, 08:00:16 AM »
I'm going to be gone for most of the weekend, but feel free to include the game in a forum post if it's small enough.  Otherwise we can figure out how to transfer it when I get back next week.

GameDeveloper

« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-09, 10:06:45 AM »
Unfortunatly, it's to large for a forum post :( [5 megabytes].  I think we can discuss it further when you get back.  When you are ready to begin discussing it, please just reply to this thread stating so, or e-mail me at shapiro777@bellsouth.net.  I can't wait to show you and everyone else my next project.

Zorb Burger

« Reply #4 on: 2005-12-13, 11:16:17 PM »
I like turk gams.  they be always fun teh play send ur gam teh me so plz.  I wannr ply it!!! :D :D :D :D

Zorb Burger

« Reply #5 on: 2005-12-15, 08:32:01 PM »
any new stuff on dis gam?  dose it play lik teh gamboy turk gams?? ???

unless ya gav up on it, cuz las tim i chek yer gam was perty bad.  2 stars of 5!?  you must suck on devin' gams.  lik everone els, ya should lern form teh amster... ME!! :D

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2005-12-16, 07:27:35 AM »
2 stars is not bad.  My scale goes something like this I think:
1 star is fun.
2 stars is good and fun.
3 stars is good, fun and beautiful... or good fun with a challenge.
4 stars is lasting good fun... or good, fun and beautiful with a challenge
5 stars is lasting good fun with nice graphics, sound and a challenge

GameDeveloper

« Reply #7 on: 2005-12-16, 11:09:02 AM »
I see the review has been posted.  I'm glad you liked it more then my last game.  I suppose TurokWorld was a bit linear and a little to ridiculous puzzle wise.  I thought that maybe with all of it's personality, graphical polish, and funny voice-over, it could have garnered 4 stars!  Maybe I'm just dreaming a bit to much.  Anyway, I'm happy you liked the game.  I do have a question... I fixed everything from my last game: no sound, no world map, but was that not enough?  Or did Turok bring on new problems?

Either way, I like it when I see others play my games, and I'm happy with what it got.  Thank you. :)

Zorb Burger

« Reply #8 on: 2005-12-16, 12:01:59 PM »
yer gam wer anit that bad dis tim.  it was no like teh gamboy gams dough...

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2005-12-16, 06:53:19 PM »
I do have a question... I fixed everything from my last game: no sound, no world map, but was that not enough?

GameDeveloper

« Reply #10 on: 2005-12-17, 01:51:44 PM »
hmm...thanks for the suggestions.  I'm going to try and make my games more appealing to everyone, instead of just my family.  If I want to do good in the industry, I have to try and pick a specific audience and shoot to impress them.  Maybe I should focus on this.