Author Topic: Motivation required  (Read 5281 times)

Dragonforce

Motivation required
« on: 2005-04-11, 02:58:49 PM »
hi,

I need a "pat" in my back to start with gamedev again. I got a really good idea. and i tried to create the game 2 years ago with The Games Factory. Sadly The Games Factory couldnt handle it.

A few months ago i tried to create a HOMAM game with TSGDK. Which could work out. but failed due to lack of motivation.

Motivation is very important to complete projects.  And i really want to begin again with TSGDK. Since i promised Bluemonk 4 years ago (yes time really go that fast =)   )  that i would create a game so stunning that even game maker would not have such a game.

Sadly. after 4 years still nothing thanx to no motivation.  So can anyone motivate me to begin (again?) with TSGDK?

Thank you for taking youre time reading this.

Regards,

Dragonforce-Europe

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Motivation required
« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-11, 02:59:41 PM »
*pat* ;)
Edward Dassmesser

Eastfist

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • Eastfist - Chongchen Saelee
Motivation required
« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-12, 08:11:55 AM »
You can do it!!! We all can!
"What's in a game?"  Juliet says to insult Romeo.

Anonymous

Motivation required
« Reply #3 on: 2005-04-12, 12:34:18 PM »
:) well. i dont know what to say.  ;)

cbass

• Expert
  • Regular
  • script this
    • View Profile
    • Squest RPG
Re: Motivation required
« Reply #4 on: 2005-04-18, 12:39:12 PM »
Quote from: "Dragonforce"
Since i promised Bluemonk 4 years ago (yes time really go that fast =)   )  that i would create a game so stunning that even game maker would not have such a game.

sadly i am trying to do that as well, but i have severve motivations problems.  I used to be about 1 week on 1 week off, but no im in a 4 month off slump. (project is about 16 months old)

But, heres yer pat.  :arrow: PAT.

Eastfist

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • Eastfist - Chongchen Saelee
Motivation required
« Reply #5 on: 2005-04-19, 12:29:57 PM »
Yeh, for me too. Well, actually, it's not a motivation problem. It's a time problem. If I wasn't motivated, I wouldn't stick around.  ;)

If I can land a job this summer and maintain some financial security, then maybe I'd work on my projects more.

I think it's a matter of individual goals... surviving to work on your goals is an important thing too  ;D
"What's in a game?"  Juliet says to insult Romeo.

Jonron6

• Visitor
    • MSN Messenger - na
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Magazinekingda
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - na
    • View Profile
    • Email
Motivation required
« Reply #6 on: 2005-07-01, 10:49:52 AM »
YOU CAN DO II  :x
I am Jon. Here me roar.  ROROOOROAOAAORAAORARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I know i've got problems, what're you gonna do about it buddyboy? - Just Kidding

-Jonron6

Anonymous

Re: Motivation required
« Reply #7 on: 2005-10-15, 08:18:21 AM »
Quote from: "Dragonforce"
hi,

I need a "pat" in my back to start with gamedev again. I got a really good idea. and i tried to create the game 2 years ago with The Games Factory. Sadly The Games Factory couldnt handle it.

A few months ago i tried to create a HOMAM game with TSGDK. Which could work out. but failed due to lack of motivation.

Motivation is very important to complete projects.  And i really want to begin again with TSGDK. Since i promised Bluemonk 4 years ago (yes time really go that fast =)   )  that i would create a game so stunning that even game maker would not have such a game.

Sadly. after 4 years still nothing thanx to no motivation.  So can anyone motivate me to begin (again?) with TSGDK?

Thank you for taking youre time reading this.

Regards,

Dragonforce-Europe

So you need a little motivation? I can do that!  :D
*ahem*
Go Dragonforce, go!!