Author Topic: Los Santos Street Racin  (Read 3638 times)

AjVback

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Los Santos Street Racin
« on: 2005-05-13, 04:29:07 AM »
Hi All, Im creatin a complete ripp off of San andreas. Its an overhead view street racin game. Basicly, u drive around a city findin races as they are on, and race. Each race location is on a seperate map but you can also race in the city. Im wonderin, how would you get it so the player has to do laps. And even harder, how do you get it so the  enemys have to beat you in laps to win. It would be possible to do it with the player by messing around with the sprite swiching to another just before the finish line so you can cross( the finish line would be a solid ) And only the other player sprite could pass it. Then youd have to fiddle with inventoy items. Any ideas how to make it simpler???
-Aaron Snoswell

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Los Santos Street Racin
« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-14, 06:55:13 AM »
I think you need to describe more specifically what you are trying to do.  "How do you get it so the enemies have to beat you in laps to win"  doesn't describe specifically how you are implementing "beating" and "winning" or who "enemies" are or what you're doing with "laps" or which part you are having a problem with.  I don't know how you can track laps in the first place since only the player sprite can interact with functions and tiles.  Did you use almost-invisible sprites to track enemy laps and store the enemy laps in a player inventory item?  These kinds of questions need to be answered first.

AjVback

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, i see what you mean
« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-17, 04:55:45 AM »
Sorry if it sounded a bit jumbled, I was at an internet cafe and only had a few minutes. Yes, i figured out how to do it. I have the enemy sprites coliding with an almost invisible sprite to add enemy laps on. And there is a whole lot of special functions around the finish line. Basically, you cannot revrse over the finish line, it is solid. You have to do half a lap to a special function which adds an invisible invntory item. Once you have this item you keep going to the finish line but before you reach it you get swiched to a new (but identicall) sprite. This sprite can cross the finish line and receive the lap.  

I hope that was a bit easier to understand.
-Aaron Snoswell