Author Topic: Teleport Problem  (Read 4760 times)

iluvcat

• Visitor
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - iluvcat69
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mauinteractive.com
    • Email
Teleport Problem
« on: 2005-03-17, 03:10:21 PM »
:?:
I need to teleport from a to b. b being a spot that you cant go back through. Then I need to go across the map to teleport c that takes me to d.

My problem is I have 4 telepost settings :
portal 1 should take me from 47,12 to 3, 44 but keeps spitting out at the beginning of the map.

I havent been able to test the c to d teleport that is supposed to take me from  392, 47 to 60,12

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Teleport Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2005-03-17, 03:33:49 PM »
I think I know your problem.  If the settings you have for the first one are x: 3 and 7: 44, then yes, it will telleport you back to the beginning of the map.  3 pixels from the left, and 44 pixels from the top.  I assume that what you want to do is teleport 3 tiles over and 44 tiles down.  In which case, you would have to change 3 to 3 * tilewidth of tileset on player's layer (not player sprite width).  For example, if your tiles are 32X32 pixels, then you would put X: 96 Y: 1408

Same with the second one.
Edward Dassmesser

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Also
« Reply #2 on: 2005-03-17, 03:35:48 PM »
Ooh, also, you don't need four special functions.  Is that what you meant when you said "I have 4 telepost settings"?

You only need special functions at the place where you need to be teleported from.
Edward Dassmesser

iluvcat

• Visitor
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - iluvcat69
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mauinteractive.com
    • Email
Teleport Problem
« Reply #3 on: 2005-03-17, 03:59:46 PM »
Yes, I did make 4 special functions. But I was reading my coordinates wrong. I see my mistake now and have corrected it. Thanks guys!