Author Topic: bgm  (Read 2797 times)

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
bgm
« on: 2005-07-26, 09:56:34 AM »
hey, i was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion/could come up with one, for the bgm for my ice-themed level. like for example, in the tropical-themed one im using kokomo, for hte volcano one im using devil went down to georgia, for the flying level (forced scroll), im using she's so high (tal bachman), the only 1 that doent really make too much sense is hte underwater one (bad touch, the blood hound gang; dont ask). so i wasnt really sure what to use for L4 (the ice 1), so if noone here has any suggestions, ill probably just sue this techno-styled midi i found.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
bgm
« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-26, 11:47:59 AM »
This sounds like it could be kinda Icy:

http://www.beardedchild.com/files/unphysical.mid

Or you could go for funny, use Ice Ice Baby (since you seem to be using name-brand music).  Or perhaps "The Ring Goes South" or "Lothlorien" both from Lord Of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Or maybe Ice Capades?

I can think of more, but here's some starters.
Edward Dassmesser

Eastfist

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • Eastfist - Chongchen Saelee
bgm
« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-04, 11:40:13 PM »
Have you noticed, most ice themed levels in games use bells, chimes, and "twinkly" sounds to represent ice?

Wow, the power of media conditioning. They's smart.
"What's in a game?"  Juliet says to insult Romeo.