Author Topic: New Forums  (Read 7355 times)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
New Forums
« on: 2005-11-28, 09:39:49 AM »
OK, the new forums appear in place and mostly functional with a few problems here and there.  I have noticed that in the pitch black theme (which was set as the default) I cannot use the Mark Read feature.  Seems that a common problem with forum systems is certain features not working in the non-default themes, and Pitch Black is not the default theme for Simple Machines Forum.  I see that it does work in the Simple Machines default theme.  So I think I will switch everyone back to the default default theme (the theme that is delivered as the default), which presumably works best.  And those who think they can get by on another theme are welcome to try.  I've also heard that there is trouble postig messages when logged in?  I haven't had problems with that myself, but hopefully the default theme will fix most problems.

GameDeveloper

Re: New Forums
« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-11, 12:19:20 AM »
What the heck is this?  Is anybody else seeing only question marks and mp3 in the post above mine?  Is this a language i can't read?  It smells like spam to me...

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-11, 05:49:42 PM »
It looks like Chinese (I don't see any question marks...), maybe it's some other asian language, but I'm pretty sure it's either Chinese or Korean.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

GameDeveloper

« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-11, 05:53:57 PM »
It's very strange, I must say... how does it relate to the New Forums?  It's just kind of weird...when i click on one of the [many] links, it takes me to a chinese blog...

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-11, 06:32:32 PM »
I'll just delete that.  Who knows what Chinese obscenities it could have been shouting, and I didn't dare click on and of those dozens of links.

GameDeveloper

« Reply #5 on: 2006-01-11, 06:34:42 PM »
Good call, I was just wondering... so I clicked a link and quickly clicked 'back' on my browser after I realized it could  have openned a flood gate of spyware onto my computer... maybe I'll go scan my computer right now...

EDIT: By the way, I literally laughed out loud to what you said : 'Who knows what Chinese obscenities it could have been shouting,'.  I don't know why, it was just funny for some reason.
« Last Edit: 2006-01-11, 06:40:32 PM by GameDeveloper »