Author Topic: Want to review games?  (Read 10113 times)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Want to review games?
« on: 2005-12-15, 06:05:59 AM »
I am considering turning over game reviews and posting responsibility to someone else so I can get on with SGDK2.  If anyone is interested, pick a couple projects from the list that you think are underrated or could use a new review, and send me a new review for those games with your own star rating (just email me the review text and the number of stars you'd give the projects).  If I see some reviews I like, I may appoint someone as the new reviewer and manager of the gamedevprj SourceForge project.

Zorb Burger

Re: Want to review games?
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-15, 10:27:26 AM »
i be takin' load off yer back of dem Guild Hall gams big Ben :).  i reveiw wit just and diligence(ma be proud of bigo word :)).  till me were i get em, then i be reveiwin dem!!  :D

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-15, 05:52:54 PM »
Well, I'm not appointing anybody just yet.  I have to get some sample reviews first to see if I think anyone is qualified.  If you want to try doing some sample reviews, you can get some existing projects and reviews from http://gamedevprj.sf.net/ and write your own review on a couple projects that you think could use a better review.  Anyone who emails me reviews will be considered for being appointed as a reviewer.  But I have to warn you, it might not be easy.  I don't think I'll be picking a reviewer who commonly misspells words or uses improper grammar.

Zorb Burger

« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-15, 05:55:18 PM »
ya makin fun of me big ben, I thoug we pals... :-[  i'll try rightin a review tonite fer ya.

hope ya like it!! :)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #4 on: 2005-12-15, 07:17:40 PM »
He's not making fun of you.  He's just saying that the reviews should be well-written to reflect a certain level of professionalism as suits an official review of a game.
Edward Dassmesser

Zorb Burger

« Reply #5 on: 2005-12-15, 08:19:45 PM »
i no ax fer ya input.  ill be percievin' things teh way i wanna percieve em'.(Dayuumm!!) :)

cbass

• Expert
  • Regular
  • script this
    • View Profile
    • Squest RPG
« Reply #6 on: 2005-12-15, 10:41:13 PM »
I think the maximum number of smilies for a professional review is 0 or 1, so i guess yer SOL Zorbio  ;D

Zorb Burger

« Reply #7 on: 2005-12-15, 10:47:19 PM »
sit down lil boy.  i be reveiwin' wat i wanna review!1

+smite :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Note: somen jus earn em self a spot on ma hate list!!!! :)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2005-12-16, 07:49:59 AM »
Zorb, I gotta request a few things of you, and I'll try to be nice about it first off, I hope it doesn't have to get ugly.

1. Please remove your hate list.  I don't approve of that kind of disrespect.  Even if it's a joke, it's not being portrayed as such and is just coming accross as nasty.
2. Try to get along with others on the forums rather than antagonizing and disrespecting people wherever you can.
3. Be more thoughtful about your posting and post a message only if you have something meaningful to contribute.  Your current karma indicates that the general opinion of your posts is not a positive influence.  See if you can get some good karma back by avoiding the negative and meaningless posts, and just posting your questions and interesting thoughts (you have had some, but it's hard to find them among all your other posts).

We enjoy having more people to talk to about the Scrolling Game Development Kit, and the game and graphics you are working on were good.  I hope you will talk more about that as you make progress on that game.  And yes, you are "livening up" the forums as you stated in one of your other posts.  But we can certainly do without the negative comments and hate.  Some kinds of "livening up" we don't need... :)

Eastfist

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • Eastfist - Chongchen Saelee
« Reply #9 on: 2005-12-18, 05:08:02 PM »
Wow, I check the projects listing every now and then and the games are getting good!  I'd like to help review some when I can, but those file sizes are humongo!  However, I guess I can almost post a comment in the current rating list.
"What's in a game?"  Juliet says to insult Romeo.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2005-12-19, 06:53:20 AM »
If you think that's huge, you should see what some of the Guildhall games look like before I clean/reduce and compress them.  A couple of them are more than 100 MB this time.  So 10-20 MB isn't too bad.  I do think, however, that you could fit a lot more game into 10-20 MB than the projects on the listing have done.  I just wish someone would do that.  Games that you could enjoy for hours... or days... used to fit in less than 1 MB.  Haunted Childhood II was on the right path... maybe I should ping the author to see if he is still planning on finishing his 25 levels.