• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
I am experimentally turning on the Karma feature of the forum system.  I may leave it on or I may turn it off if I don't like the results.  So now you will notice a karma indicator next to each person's avatar, and you can "applaud" or "smite" a persons karma by clicking on links that may appear there.  I think the rules for modifying karma are generally that you can't modify your own karma, and you may not be able to modify the karma of any thread in which you've posted, and if you post in a thread, all the karma you've changed in that thread will be undone (not sure about that yet).  That's how it works on Slashdot.org anyway.

So what does this accomplish?  Well I hope it doesn't inhibit any legitimate discussion.  Even the posts in the Off-Topic forum are occasionally an interesting read.  But this does mean that you might want to think twice before posting something that others will find meaningless or rude.

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
Re: Karma
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-15, 02:48:54 PM »
lets see about the undone one, i just boosted you up to +2

you can't modify your own karma
you may not be able to modify the karma of any thread in which you've posted
if you post in a thread, all the karma you've changed in that thread will be undone
« Last Edit: 2005-12-15, 02:56:11 PM by billybob884 »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Karma
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-18, 03:40:23 PM »
I'm disabling Karma because, as far as I can tell, there's no way to know which post(s) affect your karma, and thus little point in having it.