Author Topic: Screen Shot Topic...  (Read 18320 times)

Eastfist

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • Eastfist - Chongchen Saelee
Re: Screen Shot Topic...
« Reply #15 on: 2005-12-31, 01:09:52 PM »
I might have posted these before, but what the hey...
"What's in a game?"  Juliet says to insult Romeo.

GameDeveloper

« Reply #16 on: 2005-12-31, 01:13:29 PM »
Nice, I like the style of your game.  I played all of the runsetters you've posted on the projects page. I thought they we're pretty fun, is this one going to have some new stuff?

EDIT: Yeah, that's interesting.  We must think alike. :P
« Last Edit: 2005-12-31, 01:17:26 PM by GameDeveloper »

Guilect

« Reply #17 on: 2005-12-31, 01:16:24 PM »
Your game has some good graphics, Eastfist. :)  It has a nice style to it!  What is the game about, and what kind of gameplay additions can we expect from this?  If you plan on releasing it, that is.

EDIT:  Sorry Game developer, I just read your post, and mine states almost the exact same stuff. :P

Eastfist

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • Eastfist - Chongchen Saelee
« Reply #18 on: 2005-12-31, 01:21:24 PM »
It's everything I've learned since way back when, all wrapped-up into one. Of course, not to deviate off topic, I should probably post in the Runsetter project topic.  Here goes -->
"What's in a game?"  Juliet says to insult Romeo.

gwal

• Regular
  • Game Progress: Outer Space / Items
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005-12-31, 02:19:57 PM »
I like the detail in your game, Gwal.

GameDeveloper

« Reply #20 on: 2005-12-31, 02:29:52 PM »
I really like the idea of slow-motion.  It's a unique thing to implement.  I'm just going to throw a random question at you... Was a game named F.E.A.R. an inspiration?  It just really reminds me of it, because you can slow-down time during the game and also increase the duration you can slow it down by collecting items throughout the game.  F.E.A.R. is a First Person Shooter for the PC that just recently came out [well, not recently, but this year].

gwal

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005-12-31, 03:02:32 PM »
Hehehe...yes, FEAR actually did give me the slow motion idea when I played it at my friend's house. I thought that it was a pretty cool mechanic that could work in my own game.

GameDeveloper

« Reply #22 on: 2005-12-31, 03:09:43 PM »
You see, I knew it!  Very cool idea by the way.  I can't wait to see it in your project when it's posted.  That is, if you plan on posting it.

gwal

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005-12-31, 03:16:04 PM »
Once I finish the 3rd level, I'll submit a demo, but I probably won't have the whole game completed for a while.

GameDeveloper

« Reply #24 on: 2005-12-31, 03:33:37 PM »
Hey, that's cool.  I'll definitely want to try that game out.  I'm a fan of F.E.A.R., so i'm sure this gameplay will be very appealing to me.  Can't wait to see it. :)

To stay slightly on topic, I'll post another screen from my 2Player game.
« Last Edit: 2005-12-31, 03:39:15 PM by GameDeveloper »

cbass

• Expert
  • Regular
  • script this
    • View Profile
    • Squest RPG
« Reply #25 on: 2006-01-04, 06:12:13 PM »
I have one question though, will each character have their own personality? I really love it when there are multiple character's, but I also love it when they're all unique and interesting as far as character development goes.

Don't think I'm gonna put too much dialog into this game, or really none at all said by the player characters.  Im going to center the game around combat and exploring.  To add a little depth, Im going to make a few "quests", but not have too much more than "Save my Son!, the evil King's men took him." or "Find the Sceptor, the hobgoblins have it in the cave to the south."  Simple stuff like that.

One neat thing I have done is made the content creation very simple dispite the complex scripting.  All enemies (enemy sprites) are created not with paths, but by placing tiles, and the runtime code creates the sprites out of tiles.  I want to try to encourage other SGDK users to create custom maps for this game since it is so easy and shouldn't take more than a few hours per map.  No sprites have to be defined, and no special functions beyond "switch to map" ones to connect it to the rest of the game are required, but making more special functions can help add depth, fun, or story to each map.

No more screenies yet..

Guilect

« Reply #26 on: 2006-01-13, 09:44:07 PM »
Here are a few new screens of my game.  It is set in the same area, so some of the graphics may look a bit redundant.  The one screen has kind of a 3d building in it.  I used some special parallaxing tricks. :)

Orion Pax

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • OPX
« Reply #27 on: 2006-01-19, 06:12:53 AM »
This is from a few months ago, october I think. I believe the number of colors are in the 20's - 30's for this gfx set. Been kinda burned out on game gfx lately so I haven't finished the set.  Still working on SHFL gfx too heh. Below the mayan set is a shot of Super Happy Funland I don't think I released... Under that an older shot of shfl that I have shown before, on the old forums so it might be new to some.

I need to finish something!! =]

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006-01-19, 09:19:49 AM »
holy s**t :o

...kinda makes my graphics look a little... less than ok..
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Zorb Burger

« Reply #29 on: 2006-01-19, 07:51:29 PM »
Edited by Ben: Zorb, you are being nothing but insulting and rude in some of your posts, and I won't tolerate that any more.  I will delete posts that have nothing but insults in them.
« Last Edit: 2006-01-20, 05:22:22 AM by bluemonkmn »