Author Topic: External Graphics Editor  (Read 3543 times)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
External Graphics Editor
« on: 2006-01-02, 11:14:45 AM »
I found this program (also on SourceForge) that looks like a pretty good graphics editor designed specifically for creating tile-based 2d game graphics.  So if you have problems with the full-screen graphics editor or just don't like full-screen, then here's a pretty good replacement for the graphics portion. (And it's easy to import the graphics into SGDK)

http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/
Edward Dassmesser

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: External Graphics Editor
« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-02, 04:58:10 PM »
Or, for that matter, if you want to make nice graphics.  I mean, the built-in SGDK graphics editor is nice, but this is frankly just nicer.
Edward Dassmesser

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-02, 05:16:43 PM »
hmmm, i belive ive seen this before, but it looks a lot different. must have changed a lot since i saw it last. wasn't very easy to use when i found it though...
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

GameDeveloper

« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-02, 08:27:07 PM »
   It has pretty good functions, and handy tools for creating good graphics in a short amount of time, but I probably won't use it since you can only make tiles of just one size.  I suppose SGDK has that over it [multiple sizes].  It's pretty handy though, like I said, I like the features.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-02, 09:05:17 PM »
Well, SGDK can only use tiles of one size per tileset too.  If you're talking about the map editor, I didn't take a look at that really, but the tile editor can make tiles of different sizes if you make different projects.
Edward Dassmesser

GameDeveloper

« Reply #5 on: 2006-01-02, 09:10:13 PM »
  Oh, wow, I didn't notice that.  Well, in that case, I might try to figure this thing out and get used to it.  It does seem easy to use, and now that I know you can change tile size, I might try to use it.  Thanks for pointing that out :), I was just going to forget about it.