Author Topic: just out of curiosity  (Read 9139 times)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: just out of curiosity
« Reply #15 on: 2006-01-18, 10:44:37 PM »
Well, the board (used to anyway) require that everybody is at least 13 years old who joins.

And second of all, I didn't see his first post until after he had already created all of the maps.

Also, BillyBob, it may be a good idea to remove those maps and just use one single save map for consistency, convenience for editing (only have to modify 1 file instead of 7), file size reduction, and general neatness.
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: 2006-01-19, 05:56:05 AM »
billybob884, you have worked on your game for quite a while (possibly longer than any other gamedev project has ever been worked on), and even though it's been on and off, I've had the pleasure of getting a peek at it from time to time, and I see many stars in your future :).

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-01-19, 08:49:13 AM »
heh yea, as was stated in another post, the graphics really do take up most of hte production time. im planning on spending hte next few days just wokring on all of the sprites for the final boss's attacks
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Guilect

« Reply #18 on: 2006-01-19, 09:45:46 AM »
just out of curiosity, Guilect, are you at least 15? cuz a few things in this are a little inappropreate/wont necessarily make sense if you aren't (well, they probably wont make much sense to you even if u are over 15, hehe a lot if inside jokes)

If you're saying that I'm too young to comprehend/see the content in this board, or in your game, or whatever you were stating in this sentence, then you're sorely mistakined.  I'm 16 years of age, and I strongly believe that I am very mature for my age, and I am able to comprehend very difficult work/jokes/content.  If you were trying to make a joke, then your humor is of poor taste.  I am not sure if you mean  I need a certain level of maturity to understand a certain level of imaturity, as far as your game/inside jokes go.  You can easily read my fourm profile, if you want to learn my age. I believe that it is easy to access...

To reply to durnurd, I meant no offence about saying your post was worthless or by saying that you were late.  It was merely a joke.  Also, a word of advice, maybe you should read the posts before you begin typing your post.  It only makes logical sense, or at least it does to me anyway.

One more thing, I apologize for going off-topic.
« Last Edit: 2006-01-19, 09:57:52 AM by Guilect »

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-01-19, 10:28:54 AM »
woah easy, i just wanted to make sure you werent some 12 year old kid or something, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt showing a slightly less-than appropreate game to a younger kid, because as far as i know, you could have been; i'd just feel kinda bad for gettin you into trouble or somethin, ya know? no offense meant.
and yea, i forgot about the age in the profile thing.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Guilect

« Reply #20 on: 2006-01-19, 10:48:28 AM »
I truely am sorry for attacking you like that.  I suppose that I am a bit sensesitive.  And sorry if I caused any offense toward you, suppose I was a bit blind :-[.

I will try to be more sensible and understanding when analyzing peoples' posts.  Again I am sorry for disrespecting you.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #21 on: 2006-01-19, 04:06:49 PM »
I was merely giving a suggestion.  I already had read the posts and, already knowing he had done it his way, gave an alternative that was relevant to the topic that he could implement if he so chose.
Edward Dassmesser

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006-01-19, 04:32:35 PM »
or anyone else could if they fround this topic and were looking for info on saving.