Author Topic: New Project, Game Collection.  (Read 4865 times)

GameDeveloper

New Project, Game Collection.
« on: 2006-01-21, 12:23:06 PM »
   I have been working on a very large game collection for some time now, and I suppose it's alright for me to talk about it, since most of it is near completion, all I have to do is make the rest of the games and polish the graphics.  What I have been working on since 2005 is a large game collection of all of the characters (most anyway) my brother and I have created. 

Let me just give a basic overveiw of the project.  This game has no story.  this game has no boss fights and no ending.  It is basiclly open-ended.  There are aproximately 55 mini-games in the collection, and each are of all of the characters we created.  We take alot of pride and care in our character's, so each mini-game has some unique gameplay, and especially challange.  At the beginning of your file, you start out with about 18 character's, each with one mini game.  As you play each mini-game, you will be able to unlock that character's next line of mini-games by beating specific challanges.  It may take you a long time to beat the challanges, but there is another thing to keep you from getting frustrated and deleting the game.  As you WIN a mini-game, you get money.  There is a shop where you can buy new character's to add to your list, and also other small things.  So, as you're trying to unlock new games, you're also gaining money, so it's a win-win situation, where you'll be advancing no matter what.

I have quite a bit of the character's down already, and each comes complete with their own descriptions and backgrounds.  Every mini-game looks different, some are silly, some are hard, and some are just down-right serious, this all depends on the character's personality.  There is no end to this game, the only end it may meet is when you're finally sick of it and you banish it to the recycling bin.

there are other exciting secrets, like secret things waiting in the shop, but I wont give anything away.  I'm trying to out do my old self on this one by focusing on gameplay, wonder, and fun.  I hope I've accomplished this.  Right now, however, I need someone to do some testing...I'd ask my brother, but he isn't here right now.   Would anyone like to test this for me? [Please not Zorb!...just kidding :P(I think)]

Well, anyway, I thought that I might tell everyone what i have been up to.  It may be finished by next month, since all I'm planning on doing is: School, and work on my game.

Zorb Burger

Re: New Project, Game Collection.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-21, 01:37:48 PM »
i we be teh tester!!! :D :D  i tel ya evrthin is wrong and such, so EVERONE, an not jus fo som crazed yank, can be enjoin it... becuz i speke fer teh peopl!!! ;D

be teh way, it funny ho yer nam contridicks wat ya good at!! ;)

eric22222

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eric Online
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-21, 02:39:58 PM »
Umm... ignoring the previous post...
Seriously, that sounds pretty awesome. I've played a few of your games, and they're all well-made (voice-acting, good graphics). This sounds like a pretty good project. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

What do you mean by "no end?" I mean, I'm sure that you'll eventually play all the minigames and buy all the items... Unless you make one arbitrary item that costs about 3 years worth of playing minigames...

I'd proabably offer to test if I wasn't swamped with school myself... :(

Zorb Burger

« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-21, 02:42:54 PM »
(Deleted by BlueMonk for excessive foul language and disrespect)
« Last Edit: 2006-01-21, 09:11:35 PM by bluemonkmn »

GameDeveloper

« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-21, 02:55:53 PM »
   Well, thank you for the compliments Eric, I'm glad there are people like you who are able to enjoy my games.  I do put alot of effort into them.  To answer your question, what I meant by 'no end' is that you'll always be able to play every single mini-game you unlocked.  So, really the end of the fun is when you get sick of the large amount of games.  that's really all I meant.  You make a very valid point, I do believe the new content will end at some point, so that makes it end to a certain extent.  Since I make up new character's practically every week, I was hoping to realease new patches/versions too, so that might keep it alive.

Agian, thanks for your compliments, and I'd love for you test the game, but as you stated you seem to be to busy.  I'm curious to know which games of mine you played, and which you liked best?  Either way, thanks for your support, Eric.

eric22222

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eric Online
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2006-01-21, 03:04:47 PM »
The first one I played was Turok's Game. IMO, it wasn't a feat a graphics, but I thought the commentary was hilarious. I tried Family Reunion, but couldn't really get it to work. The graphics were really good, though. The most recent one I've played is Samantha's Game. The graphics were really crisp, and it had that puzzle game factor that I like. Despite the lack of music, I'm gonna have to say it's my favorite of the three.

GameDeveloper

« Reply #6 on: 2006-01-21, 03:12:34 PM »
Really!?  I didn't think anyone would consider Samantha's Game the better of the three, but in my opinion, I enjoy those type of puzzles myself.  I also like that character much more then most of my others (I try to not play favorites[characters] though, it kind of makes me feel bad).  I'm really happy you appreciated the commentary in Turok World.  I loved doing the voice acting, it was alot of fun.  If you liked those two games, then you'll like my latest[topic].  Each of the mini-games are different, based on the character, so there is a lot of variety.

Agian, it's good to hear some positive feedback.

Zorb Burger

« Reply #7 on: 2006-01-21, 09:12:55 PM »
Tank ya bluemonkmn, i be tryn teh clean up ma act!! ;D

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2006-11-11, 10:51:30 PM »
Where can I download this game? It's sounds so cool!!! :D