SGDK Version 1 > Projects

Untitled... but still awesome

(1/4) > >>

eric22222:
For those that remember all my media trouble, I posted a small portion of a game I was working on. Forget that one for now. It'll show up eventually, but forget it for now. The future is on its way. My friend (the one that introduced me to SGDK) and I are working on a huge project. It's a bit ambitious, but I think we'll be able to. It will be taking place in a solar system (not our own) soon to be under attack. We're still hammering out plot line details, so I won't go in depth on it. We plan to have an overworld map (space) which contains planets. Each planet will actually have it's own overworld map. He's been working on graphics, and I'm still in awe. He's still getting some tilesets together. We'll be starting level design soon. I've got some midis ready to put in, and some level design ideas.

I'll be keeping you all posted in this topic. I'll also might post a few screen shots (in the screen shot topic) when we get a few levels together. All in all, I think the best way to describe what we have in mind is "huge."

Wish us luck!

durnurd:
Well, if you finish this project, it will be one of a kind among SGDK games, and it sounds pretty neat!  So good luck!

eric22222:
We've got one tileset just about ready... thought I'd post it here (since it isn't really a screen shot from the game).

One idea we're considering is having this planet's orbit cause one hemisphere to be in perpetual day and the other in perpetual night. This'll fill that plot hole of "how come it's always day in this level, but always night in this level?"
After sending me this one, I used Photoshop to give dfferent feels to different levels of one planet:

This is gonna be good!  ;D

bluemonkmn:
Aw, now you gone took my idea...
THANK YOU!

billybob884:
... images aren't showing up..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version