Author Topic: Untitled... but still awesome  (Read 19708 times)

eric22222

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eric Online
    • Email
Re: Untitled... but still awesome
« Reply #15 on: 2006-06-03, 12:56:54 PM »
Heh, sounds a bit hookshot-ish.

With interplanatary travel, I don't think we could have anything out of place in the game. It would just be a matter of putting it in the right part of the game.

eric22222

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eric Online
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: 2006-08-15, 09:35:43 AM »
We've finally started making some progress! We're starting to actually draw out the maps (pencil and paper first) so we can decide what goes where. Right now we just have a bunch of cool ideas floating around without anything connecting them. Once the maps are drawn out we can start building the maps.

We thought of another cool weapon: a high-tech shield. It starts as this tiny orb you can just carry around. When you hit whatever button, this vector web shoots out and surrounds you, then the shield builds itself around you like a jet-black shell. The animation is great. We plan to have him do some sledding on the overturned shield too, so we've got platforming and weaponry in one.

Music hasn't gotten any further. My computer's been out getting repairs made to a broken D drive, so I've been restricted to pencil and paper.

Still no release date, sorry  ;).

sam

• Fanatic
  • This statement is false.
    • MSN Messenger - samlancashire@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2006-08-15, 02:08:59 PM »
Dude, this game sounds awesome. Wish my friends were good at graphics  :P
My friends are all stupid (literally) lol. They only play the video games  ;)
I do the same with maps lots of the time, in Science classes because by the end of class theres nothing to do except draw.lol, its all good.
anyways. GL with your game, I cant wait for it.

Rubix Cube

« Reply #18 on: 2009-06-16, 04:35:15 AM »
Well, if you want to go with equipment that also serves as platforming gear, how about giving your Spaceship a detachment pod that your character takes with him in certain levels that you can pilot around and have your character ride on? Give it some bombs to drop or a drill to dig through walls with and it could make for entire levels! Of course, make it larger than your character so you'll have to get off of it to fit through your well-placed narrow passages (See the Submarine level in Rolly for an example of what I'm talking about).

Or, how about some kind of hi-tech wall jumping gear? Wall jumps with anti-gravity gear sounds good.

Hope this helps.