Author Topic: Project Listing User Ratings  (Read 18773 times)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: Project Listing User Ratings
« Reply #15 on: 2006-02-20, 01:08:20 PM »
How is it that you can leave the room shaking your head after every thing you say, but never actually enter the room?  Just a curiosity of mine.  And while I may be in college, I don't see how corruptive peer pressure has anything to do with what I'm saying on this message board, even if I were the sort to give in to that kind of thing.  It's not just downright denial, it's constructing a series of statements to arrive at a proposition (stole that from Monty Python).  Peer pressure isn't the kind of thing that makes one deny and do damage control.  That's the most absurd thing I've heard.  Peer pressure is making people smoke, not "Hey, man!  You should really say this guy is wrong, man!  Everybody's doing it!".  Or however you want to put it.

And there's of course the 4-star system of rating hotels.  But I'm talking specifically about the star-rating system that has been use on this site for years, rating the games on this site.  And since that's what has been in use here for quite a while now, those who have been here for even a little while would think that is the one you are reffering to when you talk about a star-rating system.
Edward Dassmesser

hebedaymun

« Reply #16 on: 2006-02-20, 01:38:04 PM »
tisk tisk.  Oh wait, this one's for you, Durnurd.

*he walks in*

Look, just end it, okay?  You're being a darn hipocrite for reviving this discussion.  Let me try to end it one more time (sheesh).  On a side note, i can't believe you just admitted you're the kind of person who is vulnerable to peer pressure.  Pathetic.  You seem like a raty 19 year old punk/nerd who relies mainly on his freinds to get him through life and to ultimately have fun.  Go back to class or talk to your little clique, okay?  Jeez, it's Monday, don't all you schoolboy's have class on this day or something?  I know I did when I was succeeding in college.

Oh, and I wasn't talking about 'hotels'.  Damn, that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a damn long time.  Have you ever vetured off to gaming websites?  I thought the 10 point scale and 5 point scale was the most widely used, so I used it for MYSELF.  You should try 'em.  Gamespot, IGN, Gamespy.  I mean come on, why the hell would I be talking about HOTELS on a gaming board?  Oh my gosh, that was a mistake, it had to have been. That, my new freind, was the most absurd thing I have ever heard.

*wipes hands off proudly*

I'm outa here.

*walks out shaking head at the little defensive school boy (heh heh)*
« Last Edit: 2006-02-20, 01:43:40 PM by hebedaymun »

Zorb Burger

« Reply #17 on: 2006-02-20, 01:39:53 PM »
y don yall stop fitein and jus be ferends?  lik man wit der on opinions, shak hands on it, an leave tit as it be need to be left! :)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #18 on: 2006-02-20, 03:15:21 PM »
I think the hypocrite is the one who the conversation to end but always keeps responding to every post.  Read my post again closely.  I very specifically said "even if I were the sort to give in to that kind of thing", insinuating that I am not the kind of person who gives in to peer pressure.  Yes, I am 19 years old.  And some have called my facial hair ratty, I suppose, and I am short for my age, but I hardly require my friends to help me through life.  Quite the opposite, in fact.

Yes, I do have class on mondays.  Every weekday, actually. But between classes, I don't sit around waiting for my next class.  That would be a waste of time.

Yes, I've been to many gaming websites.  I've read a lot of reviews, and I've seen the rating system that is present on other sites.  And if you had posted your review on one of those sites, I'm sure I wouldn't have had to bring up the point that it was on a 5-point scale.  And perhaps you didn't understand... I'm not saying that you used the hotel's 4-point system.  Just saying that it is a popular rating system, as you seemed to only have taken into account one system, and didn't say anything about games specifically.

And at what little defensive school boy are you shaking your head?  Perhaps I come off as a little defensive to you, but I'm simply responding to what you have to say.  And as I said, I'm hardly a school boy.  Perhaps a better ending would have been *walks out shaking head at the collegiate scholar*, but that would have not insulted me, as I imagine you are trying very hard to do.
Edward Dassmesser

hebedaymun

« Reply #19 on: 2006-02-20, 03:24:47 PM »
No, no I'm not trying to insult you.  heh, look, I've had it with talking to you.  Let's end it right here, okay?  Okay.  Are you going to calm down?  Yeeess, you are.  Are you going to quit trying to make yourself feel better by typing senseless stuff?  God, I hope so.  I knew insecure punks like you in school, College, I just ignored your kind.

One more time now!

*walks out laughing at the kid before his (Durnurd) head takes up ALL the space in the room*

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #20 on: 2006-02-20, 05:29:55 PM »
I sincerely hope I'm not as insecure as you make me sound.  You obviously don't know me very well (which is to be expected, I suppose.  It's an online community, after all), as I've been very calm this entire time.  So I don't see how I can calm down much more.  I'm not trying to make myself feel better, as I've stated numerous times already.  I guess there's just no convincing you.

*walks out shaking head in amazement at how long it can take some people and still not understand*
Edward Dassmesser

hebedaymun

« Reply #21 on: 2006-02-20, 05:40:37 PM »
End it.

(By the way, I laughed really hard at your walking out sentence!  that was great!  I didn't think you could be funny!)

*Walks out shaking head and laughing*
« Last Edit: 2006-02-20, 05:45:55 PM by hebedaymun »

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: 2006-02-20, 10:59:05 PM »
Aw, I missed all the fun  :P

One thing I will say, though.  I don't know about everyone else, but I for one have a very difficult time leaving misunderstood, twisted and misleading statements (and the like) alone.  Perhaps it just runs in the family, but to me, a discussion's not over until both sides are clear on what the other side has said (or at least until both sides have been clarified to any other reader who might be observing).  I can see there was quite a bit of... "confusion" going on here (I don't want to point fingers, but suffice it to say that some points took a while to clarify, if they ever did clear up).  Although there were many attempts to end the discussion prematurely, I at least appreciate it when someone sticks around long enough to respond to the bitter end ;).  I hate it when some chat mediums (such as IRC) just blatantly kick/ban someone trying to hold an intelligent discussion with a moderator/admin just because the guy in charge disagrees and can't tolerate a little dissention.  That seems quite unfair.  So I expect/hope you'll never find me deleting posts with even the slightest bit of purpose or coherence just because I disagree with them.  I will consider moving some of the comments from the project listing to the forums when I get a chance, but I would never want to be accused of warrantlessly cutting someone off.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: 2006-02-21, 07:42:20 AM »
After thinking about everything I missed last night I realized two things:

1. I don't think we're as far apart in our opinion of this game as you thought we were.
« Last Edit: 2006-02-21, 08:11:41 AM by bluemonkmn »

hebedaymun

« Reply #24 on: 2006-02-21, 09:48:35 AM »
You are definately right, I admit that that was extremely immature, and if there were a way to delete those ratings and let me re-vote, then I'd sure as hell do it.  Also, I would like for you to STOP assuming that that other little person in the listing was me.  Man, people these days.

*walks out shaking head*

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: 2006-02-21, 04:53:39 PM »
I can delete your first comment altogether or just delete the rating (1) from it if you want.  Should I do one of those?

hebedaymun

« Reply #26 on: 2006-02-21, 05:02:19 PM »
yeah, yeah, just delete that rating (1) if you will.  I already went back and gave it a 7.  Do that, would ya?

Thanks.

*walks o-*  Wait a minute.

You already deleted all of mine.  There's that one person in there and then there are mine.  Just forget it, or whatever.  there are only two comments now.
« Last Edit: 2006-02-21, 05:06:45 PM by hebedaymun »