Author Topic: Intensifidation  (Read 9054 times)

sam

• Fanatic
  • This statement is false.
    • MSN Messenger - samlancashire@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
Intensifidation
« on: 2006-06-06, 07:40:42 PM »
My new project. Intensifidation. Does that name make sense to any of you? I just took the word intense and kind of stretched it...just a bit...but, Intensified is a real word: The sun intensified the glare of the snow. Anyways, I just spent the last ten minutes zipping and unzipping and shortening and cutting off files to try to make this game small enough to post here but The lowest I could get it was 380KB so I'll just post a screenshot. I even had to make the screenshot really small just to post it. The files are so big because of the backgrounds, which are actually pictures taken from my backyard. You play this little dude which has no name (yet). Theres no gameplay yet but I made some clean graphics for it with TS. The "dude"s walk cycle (in my mind) is amazing. It looks good. Probably because I actually gave him knees. Anyways the dude is really small (I'll have to add some storyline where he shrunk from some evil spell...) so the bgs are closeups of plants and stuff.
ok, it wont let me upload the screen for some reason so Ill post it here : geocities.com/sam_2d_online/intensifidation.png

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Intensifidation
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-07, 05:50:46 AM »
You can embed pictures from external web sites:

And you can also link to external web sites if you want to put your project there.

(Sorry if there are rules on Geocities against linking to pictures -- I can remove that embedded picture if it's not allowed, but usually if there's a rule against it, the hosts seem to find a way to not even allow it to work, but this seems to work.)

I almost thought "Intensifidation" was a typo on "Intensification" when I read it.  Were you aware of the word "Intensification"?

sam

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-07, 03:19:43 PM »
Oh yaaahhh, forgot about that :) And as far as I know geocities has no rules against that. I have never heard of the word intensification, Guess I'm off to dictionary.com. And I thought about uploading it on geocities but It takes so long. When I uploaded Speedy Turtle II (with installer 2MB) it took a good half-hour. When I download to megs it takes like 10min. *sighs* dialup.

sam

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-07, 03:21:31 PM »
intensification

n 1: action that makes something stronger or more extreme 2: the act of increasing the contrast of (a photographic film)

sam

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2006-06-10, 08:48:09 PM »
I uploaded it finally. Its got no gameplay hardly but I wanted you guys to see it. Theres a link on my site (geocities.com/sam_2d_online). If you fell like it even though there's not much there please rate it (1-10).

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2006-11-11, 11:31:41 PM »
I'm still downloading. But when I finish it, I will rate it?

sam

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2007-11-11, 04:58:46 PM »
"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

^^haha, pwnt.^^

Holy smokes - I triple posted here...
*is ashamed of nooby self*
I haven't been on these forums in ages...Viewing these topics makes me want to go start making a new game...

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2007-11-12, 12:43:01 AM »
we need new games.

but I would recommend SGDK2, I think it is a much better package. =D

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2007-11-12, 09:22:15 PM »
I forgot to rate it! And I lost the project! I will try to download, then give my opinion!