Author Topic: mouse aiming and shooting script  (Read 21273 times)

eric22222

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eric Online
    • Email
Re: mouse aiming and shooting script
« Reply #15 on: 2006-12-18, 08:22:51 PM »
Did you manually type the extension ".vbs" into the save box? I know for notepad, you have to actually save it as something like "script.vbs".

If that doesn't work, just CTRL-A, CTRL-C, and then CTRL-V into notepad and save it from there.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #16 on: 2006-12-18, 08:47:38 PM »
Yeah, never, ever use MS word as a text editor for script files such as .vbs files.  It really screws things up.  Just use Notepad if you're running windows, and use the Save As command.  When the Save As window comes up, from the "Save as type" dropdown list, select "All Files" then as the file name, type "[whatever].vbs" (no quotes) and hit save
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2006-12-19, 06:28:57 AM »
... and let me re-emphasize the part where you select "All Files".  This is important in Windows' default configuration because if you don't do that, Notepad will add the .TXT extension after the .VBS extension, and in Windows' default configuration, you won't see that it did that because it hides extensions for all known file types.  I don't know why they ever did that.  It just made things worse in my mind (it's even a security risk).  It's always the first thing I turn off when I come to a new Windows installation.

bat

• Fanatic
  • Cheak out the B*t project
    • MSN Messenger - ethanbatmay@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ethanbatmay
    • View Profile
    • The B*t project
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: 2006-12-21, 01:09:01 AM »
hey, i don't get VBS, even though im a hardcore Ti-basic and Dark-basic fan, but i think you can just rename the extention...?
~bat

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: 2006-12-21, 06:58:35 AM »
Yes, after the file is saved, if it has the wrong extension, you can correct it, but only if you can see it (if Windows is showing extensions for all files).  But that also only works properly if the file was saved in the correct format.  If it was saved by Notepad it's surely in the correct format, but if it was saved by Word or Wordpad, there's a good chance it was saved in something that's going to look like garbage to Notepad and GameDev.

bat

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • The B*t project
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: 2007-01-27, 12:43:10 AM »
don't worry MCCOOL, even the most highly respected people have to start as a noob...(don't take that wrong...im a noob!) one thing i really like about this forum and the SGDK is that the flamers are very minimal and theres not really any dumb Q's
~bat

bat

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • The B*t project
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: 2007-01-27, 12:46:49 AM »
ooo ooo!
to turn off the "hide extentions thing"
just open mycomputer, click tools-> folder options-> and uncheak "hide known extentions"
~bat

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: 2007-08-15, 10:39:18 AM »
you can also while youre saving a file from notepad, where it says "Save as type: (combo box)Text Document" Select all files and put the ".vbs" after the filename. Hope this helps.

ooo ooo!
to turn off the "hide extentions thing"
just open mycomputer, click tools-> folder options-> and uncheak "hide known extentions"

this only works for Windows Me and above. for windows 95/98/98se you need to go to View->Folder Options...
Looking to the skies.....