Author Topic: "Automation Error" After Creating an Install  (Read 3677 times)

Gwen

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Automation Error" After Creating an Install
« on: 2006-10-09, 08:07:58 AM »
I searched the forums for this error but did not find anything useful. 

My game works fine running it from a shortcut from the project in the Gamedev folder.  However, once I created a .NSIS file and turned the contents of the folder into a .exe and then try to install it, I get this error:

Quote from:  SGDK
Automation Error
Display must be open to clear screen.

I have tried making the install and installing it on others' computers, but the error is the same.  Others have used the same program (Nullsoft Install System) to create the .exe and had no problems with it.

I've uploaded the game's install in this folder: http://secretsandshadows.hostmatrix.org/finders

Any help would be much appreciated.  The only fix I have come up with is to put SGDK on the play CD itself along with the project files, but that doesn't create a true install.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Re: "Automation Error" After Creating an Install
« Reply #1 on: 2006-10-09, 09:00:28 AM »
The problem with your install is that all files must be in the main directory for the project scanner to be able to pick them up and put them into the installation.  Your audio files are in a Sounds\ subdirectory.  You can either edit the nsis compile script to include these files dduring compile-time and put them in the correct location upon installation or, if you don't want to edit the install script, just move these files into the same directory as the gdp file (and update the references in the GDP file obviously).
Edward Dassmesser

Gwen

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Automation Error" After Creating an Install
« Reply #2 on: 2006-10-09, 09:36:37 AM »
Thanks, I'll move them to the main directory.  I hadn't even seen that the sounds didn't copy over and wouldn't have thought of it.