Author Topic: lemmings??  (Read 6491 times)

bat

• Fanatic
  • Cheak out the B*t project
    • MSN Messenger - ethanbatmay@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ethanbatmay
    • View Profile
    • The B*t project
    • Email
lemmings??
« on: 2006-12-16, 02:17:33 PM »
could lemmings be made in SGDK?   the hardest part would be making the land blowup, or get scooped away...
~bat

eric22222

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eric Online
    • Email
Re: lemmings??
« Reply #1 on: 2006-12-16, 05:23:33 PM »
Though it may be difficult, I think it could be done. And removing land wouldn't be too difficult. You can just use an alter map function to replace some of the solid tiles with blank tiles. Checking the speed of each lemming on impact with the ground could be done with script. Though I never played the game much, I'm pretty sure you couldn't hit the ground to hard...

Um... what else...

Okay. Did a little Wikipedia research. The blocker (a la Durnurd's avatar) could be done through collisions. Builders could operate through an alter map function, and the same for the miners, bashers, and diggers. Climbers could be set to follow right wall, and when it's detected that there's no solid except above them, they can be set to a falling sprite and then to a follow left wall sprite. Bomber, well, alter map and some flashy animations. The little umbrella guys could just be set to zero gravity and a vector movement downward.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2006-12-16, 05:27:31 PM »
Well... you kind of answered your own question.  But your question should maybe be stated, "Does anybody have ideas on how to blow up land like Lemmings does?"
My only idea is to use really small tiles and remove a bunch of teenie tiles when the land blows up, but I don't know if that would work very well.  And the rest of the features of Lemmings would probably require a lot of scripting.  The design of lemmings doesn't fit very well into SGDK's tiled model -- kind of like Worms -- that doesn't either.  Mmm... worms... I wanna go play a computer game again someday... I really do  ;D so... long... ago....

bat

• Fanatic
  • Cheak out the B*t project
    • MSN Messenger - ethanbatmay@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ethanbatmay
    • View Profile
    • The B*t project
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2006-12-18, 07:36:17 PM »
lol

Btw:
BlueM...Thanx!!! really small tiles is a really good idea! I think i'lll try another engine... but thanx!!!
~bat