Author Topic: Tony the Speeder  (Read 334498 times)

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
Re: Tony the Speeder
« Reply #120 on: 2009-03-28, 05:43:39 AM »
Sorry, I didn't realise there was a filesize limit on my webserver, since the largest file I'd ever uploaded was ~20mb. I just thought there was a limit for the total, but it turns out there's a limit per file too...

So it turns out I can't host your game. :'(

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: 2009-03-28, 08:15:05 AM »
The size of the project was bugging me (too big) so I decided to play and see how much the average player would actually see before considering posting it (large projects should justify themselves with lots of good gameplay).  If 50%+ or 10 MB+ of the project size is content that a player would never even see, it seems excessive.  It looks like 75%+ of the project size is music and videos that only play once if that, but I can't confirm that because I can't get to any of it during the game.  Anyway, this game seems almost impossible to play.  Level 1-3 was extremely difficult, and 1-4 seems impossible.  I must have taken about 30 lives to get past 1-3, and on 1-4 all I can do is go forward and die.  Am I missing something?  How do you get past 1-4?  >:( ...  ;D

Also, I'm not sure I can still post new projects in the old listing without a lot of effort.  I took a look and realized it's kind of fallen into disrepair, and I don't really remember how to use the site :-[.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: 2009-03-28, 10:32:48 AM »
Sorry, I didn't realise there was a filesize limit on my webserver, since the largest file I'd ever uploaded was ~20mb. I just thought there was a limit for the total, but it turns out there's a limit per file too...

So it turns out I can't host your game. :'(

It's allright. I can find another kind of hosting site (so people don't have to deal with loading time). Thanks any way though.  :)

The size of the project was bugging me (too big) so I decided to play and see how much the average player would actually see before considering posting it (large projects should justify themselves with lots of good gameplay).  If 50%+ or 10 MB+ of the project size is content that a player would never even see, it seems excessive.  It looks like 75%+ of the project size is music and videos that only play once if that, but I can't confirm that because I can't get to any of it during the game. 

Some of the videos are boss intros and also credits. They can be accessed at the store (pause with enter, and press any of the directional keys). But you have to pay to listen to them (In marbles, the things you collect). Some things can only be purchased when you unlock them by entering a certain level. I just realized I forgot to put a function for this. So I'll add a zip with maps to update the other maps.  :-[

Anyway, this game seems almost impossible to play.  Level 1-3 was extremely difficult, and 1-4 seems impossible.  I must have taken about 30 lives to get past 1-3, and on 1-4 all I can do is go forward and die.  Am I missing something?  How do you get past 1-4?  >:( ...  ;D

Level 1-3 is played as Eric. Eric can fly. So you could have just flew through the level.  :yes: But if you were collecting the things, then it would be harder.  :)

Level 1-4 is tough, but the trick is to try to keep the enemy following you throughout the map. Since when it goes off didsplay, another one is created in its place. So keeping the enemy with you, will make it more easier to pass the level. Also make sure you don't collide with him.

Also, I'm not sure I can still post new projects in the old listing without a lot of effort.  I took a look and realized it's kind of fallen into disrepair, and I don't really remember how to use the site :-[.

Don't worry about it too much. If you can't, then It'll be okay.   ;)

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: 2009-03-28, 11:28:26 AM »
Okay, you can update your files by replacing them with these ones.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: 2009-03-28, 09:35:49 PM »
Well, that made a big difference.  I noticed the character was kind of flying, but for some reason I thought he could only fly for a few seconds, so I had to ride the platform through the whole level and jump just right to avoid the bouncy things.  Flying makes it much easier.  And level 1-4 is still kind of hard, but knowing that there is some strategy really helped.  I got to the next level (1-B?) and then there was a big green thing that I picked up and got an automation error, so I had to give up again.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: 2009-03-29, 01:32:45 PM »
Oh, thanks.
I got to the next level (1-B?) and then there was a big green thing that I picked up and got an automation error, so I had to give up again.

Thanks. I'll fix it up.  :)

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: 2009-03-31, 08:33:24 PM »
Okay, this time you have to replace four files. Some had the same errors.   :death:

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: 2009-03-31, 11:27:55 PM »
After you've finished fixing all this stuff you should update the original zip you posted, so that people don't have to download two patches in addition to the game.

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: 2009-04-01, 06:50:31 AM »
you should call it Tony & Friends SP2
Looking to the skies.....

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: 2009-04-01, 06:26:13 PM »
LOL?

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: 2009-04-01, 07:44:59 PM »
After you've finished fixing all this stuff you should update the original zip you posted, so that people don't have to download two patches in addition to the game.

Yah, I'll do that. But before I do that, I want at least on person to be able to go through most of the game. :)

you should call it Tony & Friends SP2

:laugh:

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: 2009-05-20, 09:18:51 AM »
hey! i finally found the time to download your game. i like it. especially the movies. theres just one concern i have. in the second level there is the ramp that has water directly below it and you can go through the water and get this emblem thingy. only problem is that i cant get out of it. i had to delete the save file and start over.

and when are you going to reveal the huge secret at the end? :D you must have got that idea from mine since i also have a big dark secret at he end of mine :surprise:
Looking to the skies.....

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: 2009-05-21, 07:47:55 AM »
I remember that problem. Someone had the same problem when they did it at my house. I'll try to fix it.

and when are you going to reveal the huge secret at the end?

Did you watch all movies without playing the game?

:o ???

I think that was the final boss video you were watching, right?  ;D

:D you must have got that idea from mine since i also have a big dark secret at he end of mine :surprise:

I probally did, but just forgot.  :-[