Author Topic: Death Wish  (Read 5069 times)

sam

• Fanatic
  • This statement is false.
    • MSN Messenger - samlancashire@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
Death Wish
« on: 2007-01-05, 12:43:17 PM »
I started a new game...again...
I'll probably get bored of this one after a while like all the others, but what do you think of level 1? Level 1 is 100% complete and I just started Level 2.
Death Wish

eric22222

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eric Online
    • Email
Re: Death Wish
« Reply #1 on: 2007-01-05, 12:55:42 PM »
Pretty good stuff. I like the level design, lots of good features so far. My only complaint is that he moves sloooooowly. I guess that's more of a matter of taste, though. Still, good work. The blocks look really nice.

Hoping to see this one get completed.  ;)

sam

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2007-01-05, 03:39:37 PM »
I remember when I first started the game I had him go faster but then I changed it for some reason. I think it gets easier when it's faster, like you don't take so much time crossing the acid hole thing in the beginning and you have little trouble avoiding robots and such. I may end up changing it though. Thanks for the comments.

eric22222

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eric Online
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2007-01-05, 04:51:56 PM »
Well, you could just make acid pools wider, so the player has to spend more time crossing it.

Yeah, but I like where you're going with this. I suppose you'll keep gaining items as you go through the game. Have you considered being able to return to previous levels with new items to find new areas? (example: you get a jetpack in level 5, and there was a platform out of reach in level 3. You go back and can get some goodies there)

sam

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2007-01-05, 07:09:51 PM »
Good point, I'll consider.
Yeah, I think I'm going to have one or two new items each level.
I haven't even thought about being able to return to levels but maybe I will add some things. I guess I would have to add a map of each level. For now I'm just going to make levels. I'll go back when I'm finished and add secret stuff. Did you notice there was an inventory map? You have to press Ctrl to get to it. I haven't really prettied it up yet :). Also, Did you beat level 1? I've played it a few times now and I still find a few parts challening. How many tries did it take you?

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2007-01-05, 07:54:14 PM »
This is pretty cool. I think the speed you go is pretty good. I like the falling blocks, the disappearing blocks and the water. These all add some variety to the game. The acid pools look really good, but are a bit easy to get passed.  The killer fish are pretty cool. It took me about 10 tries to finish it. I kept dieing at the spot with 3 killer fish but after a while I finished it.

sam

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2007-01-05, 10:06:59 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. The acid pit isn't really supposed to be too hard I guess because it's more meant to catch you by surprise the first time you play the game.(ie. If you stop above the acid to look at it). As I said before I slowed the player down because so it's harder when it crosses the acid. If the player is able to go fast right at the beginning I know atleast I would try to rush through right away and probably not even notice the acid.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2007-02-18, 01:57:07 PM »
I like the swim function. I need something like that for my game.  ;)